28: AshBoo Battle

It was the last day of the blind auditions for The Voice Kids. The day has been tiring but the coaches are happy that they are almost able to complete their teams. The coaches have their backs against the stage anticipating the next auditionee.

"This better be good," Coach Lea was speaking to her fellow coaches.

They were waiting for the next auditionee when they heard two voices singing the chorus of a Sam Smith song.

Oh, won't you stay with me?

'Cause you're all I need

This ain't love, it's clear to see

But, darling, stay with me

(A/N: Forward to the part where A & B are singing together, more like alternately singing the lyrics of the song. Start at: 3:48. You can also search in YT their solo versions of Stay With Me, hehe!)

The moment that the auditionees started to sing, the audience erupted with shrieks and cheers that got the coaches curious and confused.

"Is it a duet? I am hearing two voices!" Coach Lea exclaimed. She looked at the audience but she only got louder shrieks and cheers from them.

All three coaches still have their backs against the stage as they tried to listen to the voices of the auditionees.

"I think I recognize these voices," Coach Apl was talking to his fellow coaches.

Coach Lea, unable to hold back her curiosity pressed on the red button and the moment her chair turned, she shouted: "Oh My God!"

Coach Sharon upon seeing coach Lea's reaction has also pressed the red button and the moment her chair turned. Just like coach Lea, surprise was written all over her face.

Coach Apl on the other hand was chill the whole duration of the audition. The audience and his two fellow coaches were urging him to turn but he didn't and he waited for the auditionees to finish their song. At exactly the last note, he hit the red button.

"I knew it!" Coach Apl shouted as he saw the two auditionees on stage.

All three coaches got up from their chairs and ran on stage to talk to both the auditionees. While the audience are shouting and screaming: "Bamboo!" and "Sarah!" all over.

"I knew your voice too well man!" Coach Apl high-fived and man-hugged Bamboo.

"I miss you darling!" Coach Sharon gave Sarah a tight hug.

Coach Lea waited for her turn. She stood in front of Sarah and Bamboo, both hands on her waist, seeming to start a sermon. "My goodness! You two! You and your mischiefs. Hindi pa din kayo nauubusan. Why would you ever try to audition for The Voice Kids? You don't sound like kids."

Bamboo and Sarah were caught off guard with Coach Lea's reaction that they didn't know how to respond.

"Come give me a hug! I missed you two!" Bamboo and Sarah hugged Coach Lea and a few moments later, Coach Apl and Coach Sharon joined the huddle.

The floor director was regretting he ever allowed the previous coaches of the show to join the Blind Audition. It was actually Bamboo who convinced him. He said for the experience. And that very moment that's what he was telling the audience.

"Good afternoon everybody!" Bamboo greeted the audience.

"Magandang hapon po sa inyong lahat!" Sarah waved shyly at the audience. "Sana po, naaalala pa din po ninyo ako."