15: Spontaneous Jam

"Bamboo!"

He didn't hear his manager call him as he has his headphones on while he is busy fixing his things.

Irritated, his manager removed his headphones and shouted, "Francisco Gaudencio Lope Belardo Mañalac!"

Surprised, he looked at his manager. "What's that?"

"Make sure to catch your return flight! Hindi ka kasi makapag antay, e babalik din naman tayo sa San Francisco in two weeks!"

"Yeah, don't worry too much man! I'll be back before the concert. I've done all the interviews, right? All we need to do is finish all four scheduled concerts and we'll be back in SanFo."

"Tsk! Tsk! You're giving me a headache! Ano bang nangyayari sa'yo?" His manager complained.

"Just chill man! I gotta go!" He gave his manager a pat on the back and hurriedly left.

His manager and his team were left behind. His manager was shaking his head in disbelief. He is happy and at the same time worried for him and for her.

-------

She received a call from him telling her that he'll be picking her up in an hour. He said he wanted to make it up to her for making her cry buckets the last time they were together.

After almost a day of going around San Francisco, they ended their tour by having some ice cream at Ghirardelli Square. He ordered a scoop of Mint Chocolate Chip which for him is the least sinful. While she ordered a scoop of Cookie Dough, a scoop of Ghirardelli Chocolate and a scoop of Black Cherry Vanilla. He was shaking his head at her appetite for ice cream. 'She is still an ice cream girl,' he thought silently.

Though she already devoured three scoops of ice cream, she was still complaining that she was still hungry so they were now walking along while looking for a place to eat dinner. They were strolling at the park near the square when they heard a group of musicians playing nearby so they walked to that direction.

It's his nature to listen and appreciate fellow artists and musicians. So when he stopped to watch and listen, she stopped too and joined him. The musician band is playing the intro of a very familiar tune and he started humming.

"Anybody who wants to sing?" The vocalist who is also the lead guitarist asked the crowd.

"Go coach!" She was pushing him to go.

He doesn't want to but she keeps pushing him.

Realizing that she won't stop until he does, he took her hand and pulled her while walking towards the stage where the musician band is playing. "Oh Serah, I think you should join me!" While taking the microphones from the lead guitarist, he whispered something to the lead guitarist in which the lead guitarist nodded.

She wanted to ask him what that was all about but he was already in his element, he shouted "Here we go!" and started singing.

He sang his part perfectly and came to her part, he was giving him a cue just like the first time they sang the song. She was still feeling unsure of herself but she saw the encouraging look in his eyes as if telling her 'You got this, you can do this!' So she took a deep breath and started singing her part.

The moment she opened her mouth to sing while looking straight into his eyes, the fire of that performer in her was ignited and she started singing like she hasn't stopped singing. She couldn't help but notice how proud and satisfied his smile is.

They were enjoying the song, dancing and grooving to the beat when she suddenly realized that they're not just singing one song but another one. He was looking at the lead guitarist and came to the transition from the first song to the second song, he did it smoothly.