30: Signs and Symptoms

They were at his manager's home as his manager was very insistent that early lunch is on him. So prior to rehearsals, they dropped by at his manager's home.

He was engrossed talking with his manager about the stage design, lighting, production, etc. that they didn't notice her leaving them.

She didn't want to bother them and having the need to breathe some fresh air, she wandered outside of his manager's home.

She was silently appreciating the plants and flowers in his manager's outdoor garden. There are lots of plants and flowers but she could only name a few. She could see a row of peace lilies, in another row hibiscus, in another row english lavenders, and in another row cattleyas which are yet to bloom. She continued walking while smiling at the plants that she was passing by, wondering if she herself would be able to grow such beautiful flowers. The aisle that she's walking is lined with pots of red and pink roses and at the end of the aisle, flowers of birds of paradise are dangling over the head creating an illusion that she's walking through an arc.

-------

He gave a sigh of relief after he and his manager agreed on everything that needs to be set for the concert. He wanted it to embody who they are as artists and musicians so he was very particular. There were some differences and discussions in ideas and opinions, but in the end, they were able to agree.

"O ano, Bambs, wala pa ba?"

"We're trying, we're trying, y'know," he was laughing while shaking his head at his manager's inquiry. "Wait, where is Serah?!" Panic evident in his eyes as he stood up from his seat and started to look for his wife.

"Relax, nobody's gonna kidnap your wife. Maybe she just got bored with our discussion." His manager told him.

He looked around but he couldn't find her so he walked outside and he saw that his manager's househelps were looking up. He followed their gaze and squinted his eyes as he saw somebody up on the ladder reaching for something on the tree. His eyes grew bigger, realization dawning on him.

"Serah!"

-------

She was concentrating in reaching the only mango fruit that she saw. She secured her left hand to grip on the ladder tightly while stretching her right hand to reach for the fruit. As her fingers touched the fruit, she smiled a smile of victory.

"Gotcha!"

But she was startled at the loud voice that called her name that she lost her balance and grip from the ladder and she felt herself falling to the ground. She closed her eyes as she prepared herself to hit the ground but she didn't.

"What the hell are you doing?" She saw anger and fear in his eyes as he caught her from her fall and is now helping her to stand up. She could clearly hear his ragged breathing and the thumping of his heart.

"Sorry na!" She quickly enveloped him in her arms and buried her face on his chest.

They remained like that for quite some time until they heard his manager.

"That was intense. Don't do that again Sarah. Can't you see how scared he is? And you.." his manager was pointing at him, "Chill, don't be so over reacting," his manager is now patting his back.

"I am really craving for some green mangoes with alamang. So when I saw that the tree has some fruits, I asked kuya if I could have some," she explained.

"You could've asked for help from kuya then. Why did you need to climb?"

"Ayoko," she shook her head. "I missed climbing trees and I wanted to get it for myself. I insisted so don't get mad at kuya. I thought it'd be fun to pick some mangoes by myself."