12: Her Cause, His Passion

She was in her short sleeved navy blue romper pajama, seated on her bed while reading a book waiting for sleep to engulf her, when she heard her phone ring.

It was a facetime call from him. He saved his name as 'Bamboo' but she changed it to 'Coach Pogi'.

"Hi coach!"

"Hey, did I wake you up?" He was surprised at the sight of her in her sleepwear. He will never be used to seeing her wear short dresses, that even before when he sees her in short dresses, the ones a few inches above the knee; the conservative him has that urge to remove his jacket and use it as extension of her short dresses; but this sight of her brings out the need of a man in him. She was smiling at him, looking so innocent in her sleepwear, indian sitting on her bed, thus he was able to get a glimpse of her smooth, morena legs.

'I definitely need a cold shower.' He noted mentally.

"Nope. I was about to sleep. Coach! Pawis na pawis ka! I think you better change your shirt first," worry in her voice. She noticed him still wearing his sweat-soaked shirt, he probably just finished his concert.

"What? You want me to change in front of you?" He was slightly flirting with her.

She suddenly became conscious prompting her to get a pillow which she placed on her legs and then she buried her face on the pillow. After a short while, she raised her flushed face. "Wala akong sinabing ganun! Ang sabi ko magbihis po kayo baka matuyuan kayo ng pawis!"

"Ok, ok, I'm just teasing you, why do you have to be so serious? Just a moment. I'm gonna take a quick shower." He neared his face to the ipad's screen so she could only see his face.

"Edi mamaya ka nalang tumawag coach!"

"No, don't hang up on me, I'll be quick!" He left without waiting for her answer.

She was tempted to end the call but then she was also eager to talk to him so she waited, while consciously checking herself on the screen if she was looking good.

-------

"There you are! Thanks for waiting!"

He's now back wearing a plain white shirt and a long woven fabric stripe boxer shorts in navy blue and white, droplets of water still dripping from his hair.

'Why do you have to be so hot? Hoi Asher, may asawa na yan!' She reminded herself silently. 'Dali! Change topic!'

"How was your concert?" She attempted to start the conversation in a wholesome way trying to remove the image of him in his boxer shorts in her mind.

"It was lit, you know, you should've flown here and watched me again!"

"Sus coach, sapat na yung isang beses!"

"Haha! 'Di ba kapag fan, lahat ng concert pinupuntahan?"

"Sorry coach, kuripot akong fangirl, bleh!" She stuck her tongue out.

"Oh Serah, you never fail to make me laugh," he gave out a hearty laugh.

"You're so cute, I wish I was there beside you so I could squeeze you in a hug!" He was talking mindlessly.

She was surprised at his remark. "Haha! Buti na lang, malayo ako sa'yo, else I might be crushed by your tight hugs, hahaha!"

"Ouch..that hurts!" He was clutching his left chest as if in pain.

That made her laugh boisterously.

"Don't tell me, mag-aartista ka na coach?" She still can't stop laughing.