11: Catching Up

"Serah, Serah, Serah! Please tell me I'm not dreaming, this is real right?"

She heard the man utter. She can hear the sound of his beating heart. She came to her senses. 'Right, this isn't a dream.'

She tried to break free from the hug and he let her go. She looked at his face just to make sure that she wasn't dreaming.

He was happily looking at her, smiling from ear to ear.

"Coach?" She slowly raised her right hand and poked his left check.

Her straight lips curled into a smile.

"Coach! Ikaw nga!" She exclaimed with glee and threw herself to him again for another hug.

She realized they've been hugging each other for quite a while that she broke free from the hug.

An air of awkwardness was felt between the two of them, both suddenly aware of the proximity of each other and the numerous hugs they exchanged.

He was still smiling though, gazing at the sight of her.

While she was uncertain with what to do.

"Uhm..sorry coach, nabigla lang," she answered embarrassed, a slight blush evident on her cheeks.

He held both her shoulders.

"Hey, hey, did you think I was an apparition or something? I've missed you! How are you? Who are you with? What brings you here? Are you staying here? Or are you here for a vacation? What have you been up to? Where have you been?"

"Coach!" She raised both her hands that made him lose his grip on her shoulders.

"Teka lang naman, isa-isa lang ang tanong. Hindi ko na maalala yung iba sa dami ng tinanong mo."

"Ohh, I'm sorry, I really missed you!"

"Ikaw coach, ano'ng ginagawa mo dito?"

"Hey, I was the one who asked first right?"

She smiled at him. "Wala naman, just unwinding."

"Yeah? Who are you with?"

"Ah, wala, ako lang mag-isa."

"Ok, then why don't we go together? I mean, unwind together."

"Huh? Wala kang kasama coach?"

He shook his head.

She was hesitant and he saw that.

"Come on Serah, don't you think it's time we catch up with each other?"

Though indecisive, she still said "Ok".

"But first, let's go grab some brunch. Ahh..I'm already starving!"

They walked side by side as he led the way to one of his favorite restaurants.

She was delighted upon entering the restaurant as the view in the restaurant's front room is of the ocean. Adding to her delight was the fact that the restaurant's specialty is seafood.

"Ok, so let's order first before we do the questions and answers portion. Order anything you want, my treat ok?"

"Naku, di na coach, I can pay for my bill."

"No, no, Serah, I insist."

They ordered caesar salad with vinaigrette dressing and crab bisque as appetizers. For the main dish he ordered his favorite baked shrimp and salmon while she adventurously ordered one of the restaurant's best sellers called: "Lazy Man's Cioppino", a fusion of crab, shrimp, sea scallops, clams and mussels in rich tomato broth.