14: Unexpected Revelation

They were now on their way back to San Francisco from Napa Valley but instead of taking her home, he drove straight to Crissy Fields.

"Wait coach, why did we stop here?"

"Nothing, I just want to show you my bridge."

"Hahaha! Naku coach, sawang sawa na ako sa bridge na yan, lagi ko naman yang nakikita." She was lying. Because seeing the San Francisco bridge always reminds it of him.

He laughed. "At least, we get to hang out a little with my bridge in the background. The view here is perfect. You get greens courtesy of the grass fields and a mile long beach. Then you get a picturesque view of my bridge with the blue ocean and the clear blue sky. But I'll tell you what, it's beauty during the day is a stark contrast of it's beauty at night."

"Hey stand there, I'll take a photo of you." He started taking photos of her with his bridge, the clear blue sky and the ocean as her background.

She wasn't ready. But he was already clicking his camera multiple times.

"Look up Serah!"

"Now look here Serah!"

"Move a little backward then look to your left."

It was an effortless collaboration between a photographer and a model. She posed as he instructed and was looking at the camera, smiling.

He was enjoying the mini photo shoot specially taking photos of her, the candid ones, more so the stolen ones.

"Tama na coach, hindi pa nga ako prepared e, ikaw naman coach, amin na."

"What? No, no, I'm fine!"

But she wouldn't let him win and so he gave her his camera.

He stood both hands on his pocket and gave an awkward smile.

"Coach naman, dapat natural lang yung ngiti."

He chuckled at her comment showing his dimples on both cheeks and white teeth and she captured it. Just like what he did, she took more photos of him.

They were enjoying the cool breeze and the serene view when small droplets of water came falling from the sky. They run to where they have parked to find cover.

-------

They've already reached her apartment but the rain outside was still pouring. She still didn't want to get off his pickup neither did he.

"Well, I hope you had a great time today."

"Yeah, I did coach, thanks for today!"

A moment of silence enveloped them. He wanted to ask her the question but he was still reluctant. He doesn't want to ruin their day but he needs to know.

At the chapel where they bumped into each other, he already noticed that she was not wearing her engagement ring and her wedding ring. Right at that moment, he wanted to ask her but decided that it was too early to ask about that topic.

He heard the rumors before, that she and her husband have gone separate ways but rumors will stay as rumors until confirmed by the people involved. And knowing her who is just like him, she was trying to keep her personal life private. The rumors were never confirmed and eventually died down but even until now, there are news portals and individuals that still try to fish info about her and write stories based on gossip and assumptions.

It is a sensitive issue to discuss over facetime or a video call so he flew back home to talk to her.

He took a deep breath. "I've been meaning to ask you this since that time we bumped into each other two weeks ago," he started.