22: An Unfulfilled Contract

"Dad, hurry! We're gonna be late!" Ysa was shouting from downstairs. She was in her white lace top and baby pink tulle skirt and was already in the driver's seat.

He and Luke just got out of their home, looking dashing in their black tuxedo.

"Hurry! Get in the car."

"Oh, are you gonna drive?" He was surprised that Ysa was already seated at the driver's seat.

"Yeah!"

He sat on the passenger seat while Luke sat at the back with the bouquet of flowers in his hands. He on the other hand was checking his camera and batteries.

"I'm so excited!" Ysa can't contain her excitement. "How about you dad?" She looked at him.

"Eyes on the road young lady." He answered.

"Ayiee..ayiee old man, hahaha!"

They were lucky to find a vacant parking space reaching the venue. They lined up on the queue of audiences who were getting inside.

"Yay! We made it!" Of the three of them, Ysa was the most thrilled. He too was excited but he was not showing it as he kept his cool.

Entering the venue, they looked for their designated seats and settled while waiting for the show to start. Tonight is an important night in her life and he couldn't be happier, that they are here to support her. Tonight, her batch is having a one night orchestra concert and she has a solo part on it.

He sent a message to her. "Goodluck love! I love you!"

She replied shortly with a: "Thanks coach, I love you too!"

In a few minutes the lights went off, signalling the start of the show.

"Here we go!" He whispered to Ysa and Luke who were sitting on both his sides.

The show was a very different one. Far from his taste if he must say. He is more of the upbeat, hip hop, rock and roll type of musician but he does appreciate orchestra music too, that he sometimes incorporates it in some of the arrangement of his songs.

He prepared his camera as he started filming her solo part. He was so enthralled and speechless. The sound coming from her piano is like a sound coming from heaven - soothing, calming, magical. The more that he watches her, the more that he is being drawn to her.

Come the ending of her solo part, he can't help but tear up like a parent so proud of his child's achievement. Just like him, Ysa and Luke were also amazed and he's glad he caught that on camera. The concert was a treat and at the end of the show, the audience gave a standing ovation to everyone else who performed.

They were now waiting for her at the common area. Ysa and Luke behind him. He was patiently waiting for her to reach him as she was being congratulated by the other audiences and fellow performers. He could already see her smiling at him. He badly wanted to run to her but she gave her this moment, this is her moment, she worked hard for this.

(A/N: Imagine the video clip below, where Boo is just patiently waiting for Ash as she gets congratulated with the crowd.)

When she reached him, he said "Congratulations!" while giving her a smack on the lips. She threw herself to him and hugged him tightly!

"Coach! I made it! I was so scared and nervous up there. But when I saw you, it calmed my nerves." She breathed a sigh of relief. She was really so scared awhile ago. A lot of things were running in her mind - 'What if I'll make a mistake?', 'What if I'll forget my part', 'What if I'll forget the notes?', and other what ifs. But when she searched for him with Luke and Ysa, she felt her tension ease. His eyes really do have a power over her. They either could calm her in her nervousness or make her heart race at their intensity.