9: Her Haunting Past

Since the early stage of their boyfriend-girlfriend relationship, HE was the cause of their frequent arguments. She can't understand why his blood is so hot when it comes to HIM. To avoid further arguments, she started declining HIS coffee invites, she avoided HIM even talking to HIM, she started putting as much distance between the two of them. Just to prove to him that it's only him she loves. But who was she fooling?

She is madly and deeply in love with HIM. She knows that fully well. Had HE asked her to elope, she is one hundred percent sure that she would've said yes. Young love as they say is passionate, impulsive and aggressive. In her mind she was even willing to be number two just to be with HIM because she is fully aware that HE is committed evident by the golden band HE is wearing on HIS ring finger on HIS left hand. But her mom's reminder kept ringing in her ears.

"Sarah, mukhang masyado na kayong close niyang si Bamboo a, lumalabas kayo para magkape na kayong dalawa lang?"

"Kape lang naman po yun mommy," she was reasoning out.

"Kahit na. Hindi magandang tingnan ang isang may asawang lalake at isang dalaga na silang dalawa lang ang magkasama. Lalo na pareho kayong sikat. Baka kung anu-ano ang ilabas na balita at gawing kuwento ng mga makakakita sa inyo."

With her boyfriend and mom's nagging and disapproval of her getting close to HIM, she gave up on her feelings. 'Maybe they are right.' It breaks her heart seeing HIM try to reach out to her, HIS unreciprocated gaze to her every time they perform in ASAP, HIM making an effort to make a connection to her but she doesn't respond.

-------

The day after her controversial secret marriage, HE visited her in her dressing room.

"Coach!" She was surprised, she didn't expect HIM.

"Hey, I heard the news! I..I..came to congratulate you. And sorry about the mishap on your wedding. I hope you're ok."

She was looking at HIS eyes, sadness evident in HIS big round eyes but HE was trying HIS best to smile and be cheerful.

"Salamat coach," she responded.

She badly wants to hug HIM but HE was maintaining a five feet apart distance from her, both HIS hands in HIS pocket. She crossed the gap between them and hugged HIM tightly.

HE was taken aback but HE hugged her in return and whispered, "I wish you happiness Serah, be happy always!"

They stayed in that position in silence for a few minutes when the door of her dressing room opened and her husband entered the room. She immediately broke from their hug. She saw anger in her husband's eyes which HE did not see as HIS back was against him.

"Ahem..Sarah, let's go!" It was spoken more as a command than a statement.

HE turned to him and offered a handshake.

"Congrats man! I came to congratulate Serah!"

He accepted the handshake and thanked HIM.

"Coach, una na kami," she said in an almost inaudible voice.

HE just nodded.

-------

In the car, he was arguing with her.

"What was that all about? Di ba sinabi ko nang layuan mo siya at iwasan mo siya? Pero what are you doing?"

"Hug lang naman yun at saka nag-congratulate lang siya," she was explaining.

"Kahit na. I don't want you getting close sa lalaking yun!"

"May pangalan yung tao."

"I know and I don't care. I don't want to hear HIS name and I don't want to mention HIS name."