16: Cop Car

"Seraaaaaah! Slow down. You're gonna get us killed!"

He was holding on to his seatbelt for dear life as they were speeding up to the Twin Peaks. They have agreed to spend the rest of the night at the Twin Peaks while waiting for the sunrise since it's already past midnight.

After eating their Jollibee take out, they spent hours just talking and laughing at a coffee shop that they didn't notice that time was quickly ticking away.

She was laughing loudly at his reaction. "Relax coach, I got us under control, hindi tayo mamamatay!"

"Where'd you learn to drive recklessly?" He was asking her as she now slowed down since they are nearing their destination. He was half-regretting that he allowed her to drive. Just like Ysa, she was insistent that she wanted to take the wheel and so he gave in.

"Wala. Alam mo coach, minsan you need to be reckless, you need to have that adrenaline rush! Boring kaya ang always on the safe side."

She really doesn't know if that statement is for him or for her. She had been reckless a lot of times and she knows the consequences of doing so. She knows he disagrees with her, evident by the shaking of his head.

"Yeah, you could be reckless but with calculated risks. I'd call that being a responsible reckless," he said, adding emphasis on the word 'responsible'.

The parking lot was deserted since it's already past midnight and she couldn't be so happier as she was able to easily reverse park. But he was again shaking his head in disapproval. "Nuh-uh, you are consuming two parking spaces."

"That's fine coach, no one's parking at this time anyway," she dismissed his remark.

They just alighted from his pickup when they heard the siren of a cop car but they ignored it and they started their way to the view deck of the Twin Peaks to get a 360 degree view of the city.

They haven't gone far when they noticed the cops approaching them. He felt her getting scared as she wrapped her hands tightly around his right arm.

"Excuse me sir?" He was asking the cops.

They were being arrested by the cops. He saw one of the cops unlock a handcuff and walk to them.

"Reckless Driving," the cop who handcuffed them said as if answering his unasked question.

'Damn!' He recalled they were driving really so fast awhile ago, but he didn't realize that it's already considered as reckless driving. They were handcuffed and motioned to get in the cop car but she was not moving.

"Sir! Wait, I can explain, Sir it was unintentional..Sir can you please hear me out?" She was trying to converse with the cops but they were not hearing her out.

He held her handcuffed hand with his handcuffed hand and pulled her closer to him. He started walking to the cop car thus she has no choice but to follow him as they were handcuffed together.

"Coach! Are we going with them without us explaining our side? Let me talk to them," she was putting up a game face on.

But he kept silent and he kept walking to the cop car. He signaled her to get in the cop car first but she was shaking her head in defiance.

"Serah, not now, just get in," he said sternly but with caution.

Sensing his seriousness, she obeyed and got in the cop car.

They are already inside the cop car and she was still trying to bribe the cops with her sweet talk and sweet smile but they ignored her, they were not interested on what she was about to say. "Sir it was an honest mistake. Sir I can explain. Sir it's all my fault. Sir please.."