20: I Choose You

He drove them at the beach where they were the night before. After he parked, he faced her with his biggest grin. "Serah.."

But she looked at him with a serious face. "Get changed first, we need to talk." And she alighted from his pickup.

He was horrified. Just awhile ago, she kissed him and she said 'I Love You' but now she is as serious as she can be. He alighted from his pickup and followed her.

"Serah!" He called her.

She turned to him. "Coach, di ba sabi ko magbihis ka muna? Dito lang ako."

"You're not taking away what you said right?" He was again feeling uncertain.

She did not answer him, instead, she looked away from him and gazed at the sea.

He sighed. "Alright, I'll get changed first." He walked back to his pickup, retrieved his extra shirt and changed quickly.

She doesn't know how to start their conversation. She was so sure that saying yes to him was not a spur of the moment decision. But they need to talk. He needs to know everything about her.

She was hugging herself when she felt him hug her from behind. She welcomed his embrace and leaned on him.

"I am sorry for being such a jerk." He said sincerely.

She broke from the back hug and slowly faced him. "I'm glad you know that you really are such a jerk. Why did you leave without even talking to me? Why were you not answering my calls? Why did you switch off your phone? And why did you remove our duet from your set list without informing me? I really wanted to slap you awhile ago when sir Panch told me you removed our duet." She was trying her best to calm herself down as she was gently pounding on his chest.

He held both her hands on his chest. "I know, I know, it's my fault. I only realized how stupid I am when I started the concert and you were not there. I could've asked you first and clarified things. I am so sorry. When I saw you hugging him a while ago, I didn't know what to feel. But I knew I was deeply hurt and I was so jealous. He's your husband after all, while me? I'm just an old man trying to win your heart."

She chortled at his last statement.

His forehead creased. "What's funny?"

"You! I cannot believe that the great Bamboo has a bit of insecurity in his flesh. I mean, I don't see that when you are on stage."

"Aww..Serah, now you're laughing at me?" He let go of her hands, held her on her shoulders and looked her in the eye. "I'm serious here. I was so scared. And I was so mad at why all things are always falling at the wrong timing. I was so scared of losing my chance of being with you. I was really terrified and hurting."

He can't stop his tears from falling. The whole day, his emotions were on a rollercoaster ride, from the lowest point to the highest point. He was so hurt and jealous earlier that day and right before his concert ended, he was walking on cloud nine by her confession, and now, here he is baring his feelings to her but she was taking it lightly and laughing at him. He can't stop his tears from falling down. He wiped them with his hands. "Damn! Why the heck am I crying?"

"Aw...you're such a cry baby coach!" She was teasing him nevertheless she hugged him tightly and he hugged her in return. Her hug was enough assurance that she chose him. Did she really choose him?

"Am I forgiven?" He was gazing down at her pretty face.

She was looking up at him, smiling. "Ang cute cute mo talaga coach! Huwag ka nang umiyak ok?" And she held both his cheeks.