23: Meet the Parents (Again)

She is feeling emotional today. After three years of studying, she will now be able to get her diploma for her degree in Music. She can't help but shed tears of joy. She dreamt of this - finishing her studies. Age really doesn't matter if you want to pursue your studies. In fact, she is still young as compared to those who are in their fifties or sixties and still pursuing their studies. She couldn't really say she studied, more like she discovered and nurtured her talents and passion.

She is also very happy that her parents are able to fly and attend her graduation. Plus she's also with the love of her life. Life has been so good to her, she couldn't ask for more. Her siblings were not able to make it to her graduation as they were not able to book an earlier flight but they'll be meeting her and their parents at their relatives home in San Antonio, Texas.

-------

"Nak, gumising ka na at kumain muna tayo bago tayo gumayak." She heard her mom call out to her.

She stretched her arms and legs. She couldn't believe it that this day has come. She's also loving the feeling of being spoiled by her parents again. How she missed this.

"Sarah, bangon na, baka ma-late pa tayo!" Excitement evident in her dad's tone.

She was smiling at her dad. "Si daddy naman, parang siya yung gra-graduate," she teased.

"Oo 'nak e, ganun nga yung pakiramdam ko. Masaya ako para sa'yo 'nak. Proud na proud kami sa'yo!" Her dad proudly told her.

"Daddy naman e, ang aga, aga, nagdr-drama tayo!"

"Ang sweet naman ng mag-ama ko, tama na muna ang drama, let's eat breakfast!" Her mom called from the dining area.

"Opo mommy!" As the father and daughter walked to the dining area.

-------

From where she was seated, she could see her parents seated at the designated seats for the graduates' guests. Her eyes were searching for him but she couldn't find him.

'He said he would come, where is he?' She was still trying to look for him among the sea of people. She was still smiling her best smile as she was discreetly searching for him.

'Naku, magtatampo ako sa kanya.' She was silently talking to herself.

Rachel, who was seated beside her noticed that something was bothering her.

"Hey Ash, you okay?"

She gave a slight smile and nodded.

"Hmnn..let me guess, you're looking for him?"

"Am I that obvious?" She whispered to Rachel.

Rachel nodded. "To me, but perhaps to people who don't know you, you're alright!"

She tried her best to concentrate on the graduation ceremony. She has already sent a message to him but she still hasn't received a reply from him.

They are now being called one by one to receive their diploma from the stage. When it was her turn, she couldn't help but get shy as her dad shouted, "Anak ko yan!" Here she was trying to keep a low profile but she can't help but be amused at her dad's proud cheering. His dad's applause the loudest, she can hear it among the crowd's applause.

When she returned to her seat, she noticed that she received a message from him. He sent her her photo while receiving her diploma with the caption: "Congratulations my love! I'm so proud of and happy for you! You've got a cheerleader in your dad! :P"

She replied: "Thanks! Where are you though? I've been searching for you.."

He replied: "I'll see you later ok. By the way, you look lovely as always."