Chapter 14

I stood on the banking of the river, my stiletto heel sinking into the crrunchy, frozen soil. 

  I put my hand on the wooden bridge, the moss had snow resting on it and water droplets hanging, drip, drip, drip.

  It was such an amazing time, I was noticing every detail. The stems reaching accross the floor of the bridge as Jess tiptoed around them, holding the arm of Luke who proudly looked right at Jess. We all knew how that Luke thought this day and the days to come were Jess' day and no one else mattered. Jess had a completely different approach.  

  Harry, Zayn, Liam, Niall and Louis stood round the sides and end of the bridge. With the freezing bridesmaids peering over their shoulders. 

   "I haven't known Jess for too long and I haven't known Luke either. But from the very second I saw them I knew it was meant to be. There's no other people more suited to each other." Harry said, then looked nervously at Katie after insulting their relationship but Katie kindly smiled. 

  "I see you two today, standing here - the most gorgeous tiny place in London with your lives ahead of you. I know Luke will do something that Jess will not like and Luke will think Jess can do no wrong and that'll lead to arguements," Zayn laughed "but you will always love each other, and that's a fact. Never let go, even when it get's tough. That's what I ask from you, so promise me that."

  "I could tell you that you're lives will be perfect, and you're perfect for each other. But it's all lies. You're lives won't be perfect. You'll make mistakes, have arguements, get fired and argue again. No one is perfect, no one at all so there is no chance in the world for people to be 'perfect for each other', sorry Harry. Because there'll be things Jess likes but Luke doesn't and something Luke likes but Jess doesn't. Just keep to it, you know it'll get tough, really tough. You'll want to give up, you'll want to end it but I know you won't." Niall said. 

  "I've been through some rough times recently," Liam sighed "and I'm sure you two have too. Now is the time to get the worst of it, we're young but we won't be forever. You could fall in love with the wrong people and say somethings you wish you hadn't. But you two are different, and I'm sure everyone here knows it's going to work out, like the boys have said. You two already know what you want, you're blessed for that - don't forget it, even though I know you won't. Have great lives together."

  "All these guys have said don't break up, you two are special and perfect for each other. You could say something soppy like that but it's boring, boring I tell you. So basically, have good lives and mess it up, bring it back and mess it up again but trust me, thing's will work out. So don't expect people to be telling you the truth when they say that you two are so perfect nothing will break you up. So have good lives." Louis said, never the one to be sweet and soppy. 

  "So, anyone have a stupid reason why these two shouldn't get married?" Niall asked but no one spoke up.

  "Okay, so do you love each other and want to be together through sickness and in health and stuff?" Louis asked. 

  "Skip it a bit shorter guys, absolutely gorgeous but it's figging freezing and we're in the middle of a calmed down blizzard that'll get out of control soon?" Jess complained. 

  "Okay, do you take each other?" Zayn asked.

  "Yes!" Luke enthusiastically said.

  "Yep." Jess agreed.

  ***

  "Bye!"

  "See you when you get back!"

  "Have a good time!" 

 "Look after her."

  "Don't get too much of a tan, bitch!"