Chapter 2

"Katie, I don't even understand why your coming shopping with us?" I said as we walked through Primark.

  "What?" She asked pulling a face to show actually how confused she was.

  "You're wearing that dress, the one your great Aunt gave you?" I nudged Ailish in the side, smiling in a jokey way and we both started laughing so Katie pulled a forced grin.

  "Ha. Funny. So go on then, what shops are we going to?" Katie asked.

  "I know a really good one," Ailish said "it's just round the corner. It's called Dreamer." 

  Dreamer? I'd never heard of it. 

 Ailish then lead us to a cute tiny shop off Costa, with cute little flowery skirts, gorgeous jewellery and some amazing dresses in the window. Everything inside was purple and gold, the walls were purple and the shelves were gold. The stands and decorations were gold and the curtains and drapes were purple. It was such a cute shop.

  "It's a shame Jess is missing out." I said, taking in all of it.

  "Do you seriously think, Jess of all people - the One Direction hater - would want to come shopping with us for outfits for a One Direction concert. Seriously, Katie?" Katie said, shaking her head. 

  "I didn't think, did I?" I rolled my eyes.

  So we then wandered round this little shop with the till lady staring at us, pressuring us into buying something - I hate it when they do that - pulling on tops from on the rails and holding dresses up to ourselves checking what it looked like in the mirror. I was going round, humming 'Silent Night' because I can never get that damn song out of my head. 

  *si-i-i-i-le-ent ni-i-i-i-ight ho-o-o-o-oly ni-i-i-i-ight*

  You know, that low note at the end makes me re sing the whole song really high and screechy so then I can hit the last one - just a note about me. 

  Ailish found a really nice pair of matching shoes and bag, Katie bought an adorable top and I bought a candle holder...I don't even think it was for sale...considering it already had a candle in it. But the lady seemed so happy to make a sale. I swear, some of the stuff in there must be years old...

  So after about 2 hours worth of shopping Katie had an outfit, Ailish had an outfit and I ended up going back to buy the candle to match the holder.

  "Were back, Jess!" Katie called through our four bed flat. It was a big flat and we all had our space...but we all shared a two seater sofa and one bathroom...

  "Hey! You just missed Luke...you didn't see him in the corridoor?" Jess said, emerging from her room. 

  "It's so cute you two have been together for so long! How long has it been now?" Ailish said, sticking out her bottom lip.

  "8 years." She instantly, proudly said.

  "Wow. I don't think I've had a relationship that lasted longer than a mento." I said, looking at Ailish in the way we do when we remember quotes from F.R.I.E.N.D.S. Because we are just...so...awesome.