Chapter 13

"The dress is on, the hair is being done and Luke isn't even out of bed yet." Lizzy summed up. 

  "I know, and we really need that bedroom." Jess complained. 

 "Why couldn't we have waited for Luke to get up before putting on the dress? Then she could do whatever the hell she needs to in the bedroom without Luke seeing her." - which to me sounded a bit wrong -  Lizzy cleverly pointed out. 

  "Okay, so we might as well start on the make up." I said.

  "Okay, let's."

  So we did Jess' makeup and we were almost ready when Luke got out of bed at 11 o'clock. 

  "Come on Luke, why did you get up so late? You need to be out in 2 hours." I complained. 

  "So I can go back to bed, I have 2 hours." Luke said, knowing absolutely nothing. 

  "Luke, get in there, get dressed - look your best. Okay, that's all you have to do. For now." I commanded.  

  I switched on the TV just passing a bit of time when I saw that the news was on. 

  "Boring."

  'This is a warning to all of the South East of England and North West France. There has been geographical sightings of a blizzard that will hit London in less than one hour. It is coming from the south and will have warning levels of rain, wind, snow and hail. We suggest you keep indoors and don't use your vehicles. Roads will be shut down for precaution of the public's safety. So to repeat, in less than one hour a blizzard will hit with terrible force of rain, wind, snow and hail. Temperatures will drop but we aren't entirely sure what to. Please shut all doors and windows and keep outdoor possessions indoors. Do not leave your home for the next 2-5 days because that is how long this blizzard will last. Go online to find more information at www.bbcnews/today. We'll be back with more news on the matter at 6, now over to Ben with the story of the new cancer vaccinations available.'

   I then switched the TV off and stared at the black, plain screen. 

  We can't have the wedding, The church is an hours ride away. There's family coming from Ireland and people from Scottland. 

  I grabbed the laptop from the table next to me and powered it, drumming my fingers as it slowly decided to mock me because I was rushing. Fricking 2 weeks later I was on the website and scrolling about looking for the information page.

  Liars. The information was on a completely different website. Ugh. 

  'All airlines coming to or from England will be closed for precaution.'

  'All ferries coming to or from England will be closed for precaution.'

  'Roads closed :'

  Okay, search box here...what roads do we need? Come on, what roads? Oh my God, you've lost your brain, what are the roads we need???? Why does my brain decide to stop and laugh at me when I need it the most?

  I remember the church is on a main road by a river...okay, okay. I will have remembered it's by a river for a reason...Oh yeah! River Way. 

  Okay, typing - River...Way.

  'Searching...'

  'River Way is closed. Click here for more routes.'

  Click. 

  'More routes:'

  I'm scrolling, I'm scrolling. Aha! 

  'Where is your destination?' Frigging hell. Why does it have to be so difficult? Too many questions!