Chapter 5

• Dedicated to Juke

  We all lounged about in our pyjamas the next day eating ice cream and lying about everywhere thinking...about nothing. 

  "Oh my God. I can't believe we couldn't go." Katie said.

  "I know...at least Louis faught for us." I stuck up my fist in front of my face, nodding. We were all lead on the floor, flolloping. (My word for lying on the floor doing nothing). You know, how you are when the internet goes down. 

  "Yeah, at least Louis Tomlinson wanted to stay with us." Ailish commented and smiled.

  "Did I tell you the part about where Niall took my hand?" I asked.

  "About a milion times," Katie droned. "tell it again, please?" She begged.

  "No. It's energy. Using my brain to remember them equals energy." I said.

  "Did I tell you about where Liam winked at me?" Ailish asked. 

  "He winked at Harry and you were in the way." Katie said.

  "True, but no one's going to know that when I tell them, right?" 

  "Right." Me and Katie said at the same time.

  "What are you lot doing?" We heard someone call, it was Jess emerging from her room. 

  "Still sad over what happened last night." Katie said.

  "Yay. Aren't you guys fun!" She said sarcastically. "Does any one want lunch?" She asked. 

  "We've already had it." Katie said, I lifted my arm to show her the half empty ice cream tub. She laughed but my arm just fell back down splattering Ailish on the face, she licked off what her tongue could reach and couldn't be bothered with the rest. 

  Then there was a knock at the door. Jess walked over and opened it but I couldn't see what was going on. 

  "Oh hi Luke!" I guessed it was Luke, Jess' boyfriend.

  "Hey Jess." I heard him kiss her, at least I hoped that's what he was doing. That noise can easily be mistaken for other things...

  "Hello Luke." We all said in monotone. We always say that when he comes round...everyday. That's if he didn't sleep over. 

  "What's up with them?" He whispered (not so quietly) to Jess.

  "Met One Direction, said bye to One Direction." Ailish said, she sniffed.

  "Maybe they all just had the same dream." Jess said. Katie used all her energy to sit up and scowl at her. I'm not going to lie, it was fierce. 

  "It was no dream," I said "take it away from me and I will kill you." I pointed at her even though I couldn't see her so it turnes out I was pointing at a mop. 

  "So Jess, where were you last night?" Ailish asked and winked at me.

  "Oh, I was at Lukes." She said, suspecting what was coming.

  "All night?" Ailish asked.

  "Sort of."

  "So what were you doing? It was raining... did you get wet?" I asked, we giggled.

  "No."

  "Shame, it would have been fun for you two." Katie sniggered.

  "Are they on about what I think they're on about?" Luke asked, finally joining in on the conversation.

  "Just ignore them, I do when they're having days like this." Jess said. "Okay! So we've spent enough time talking, I'm going to go get changed." 

  I saw Jess walk past and then Luke after her and he followed her into her bedroom and shut the door. We all stared at it and then it came, I saw a hand drive Luke back out the room. He rolled his eyes and then he saw us staring at him from on the floor. He glared with shock. 

  "Sit down Luke." Ailish said being nice.  

  He started drumming his fingers, being awkward. I could swear he's being quieter than normal.

  "I need to ask you something." He said, looking at all of us. Then we sat up cross legged. "But it's a secret. You can't tell anyone, especially not Jess." Now he was beginning to worry me.

  "Okay..."

  "But I need it to be a secret, no one can find out."

  "Oh my, Luke. Get to the point, we promise we won't tell anyone."

  "Okay." He paused "I want to ask Jess," he paused again, we craned our necks forward. "I want to ask Jess to marry me."

  So then we all screamed, we were so excited!!!!!! We couldn't help it but then Jess was banging on the door. "What's going on out there?!"

  Luke started to shush us. We calmed down. "Nothing, Jess. They were talking amongst themselves Katie said something but I didn't hear." Me and Katie scowled at him...why US? 

  She came out 5 minutes later and they headed off to the park. A boring date if you ask me. 

  "Oh my! I can't believe he is going to propose!" Ailish screamed.

  "Oh wow! He could be the lame guy who puts it in the cake or he could do it on a cliff or on the beach or I saw on TV a guy proposed by them going in a submarie and a diver came up and held the sign up to the window." - True story.

  "AWWWW! Oh my gosh!"

  You couldn't understand how happy we were!