Chapter 17

We heard shouting from the hallway, Jess and Luke were out there and it was like the 10th argument of the week. Jess came storming in and slammed the door shut.

We all just carried on with what we were doing but finally someone spoke.

"Jess, that's like the millionth arguement you've had. What's going on between you two?" Daisy asked.

"I don't know. Things have just been...different...because-" She sighed and said quite scarily: "every little thing has been getting on my nerves and his."

"But you're married." Katie pointed out.

"And you're having a baby together." I added.

"Oh and that's another thing I forgot to mention, I don't even know how but with all this shit going on...I went to the scan today." Jess started like it was no news at all 'oh and I forgot to mention.'

"And..."

"I'm having twins." Jess said, not at all excited and flopped her head into her hands and started to cry.

"What? What's the problem?" Daisy asked sitting next to her, rubbing her back.

"It's just, I wasn't ready for one baby. Never mind two." She sobbed. "So me and Luke were talking about it and we ended up argueing because I was upset about this whole thing. He kind of got the wrong idea, like I might have thought I could change the amount of babies I have or something. I said that I didn't think I could control how many babies I have. It's just I was all upset and confused and we ended up argueing again. Then we argued about argueing. It's been such a STUPID day." She yelled.

"Wow." We all sighed feeling so sorry for her.

"So what's going to happen?" Daisy asked.

"Well, what happened was, he was all: if you could, I bet you would get rid of the babies now that you're having doubts. Then he said after a bit more fighting: I bet you now want to get rid of me now that you'll be having doubts. Then I slammed the door on him because he was being stupid. He was being stupid, right?"

"Right." I agreed.

"No, maybe he's right." Ailish said. But Katie jumped right in there. "Hey! Quit elbowing me."

"Ailish...what do you mean?" Jess asked, worried she just slammed the door on something she shouldn't have.

"Well, um. Maybe it's just...From all these arguements you should take a break." Ailish explained.

"Okay, lets clear this up. Are you talking about frozen yoghurt or breaking up? I can see Luke yelling 'we were on a break'." I asked, but Ailish just sarcastically grinned at me. Maybe it wasn't the right time.

"Well, we could take a break. But it's really bad timing, I'm pregnant for God's sake. Plus, what married couple goes on a break for a while? Did we get married too soon?" Jess jibbered. Ha ha jibbered. JIBBER JABBER.

She was like argueing with herself.

"Did you fuck?" Katie yelled. "You were going out for eight years, come on."

"Yeah but possibly it might have been that they were ready to be together but they werent ready to get married." I said.

"Katie you're making no sense." Said Daisy, scratching her head.

"They were ready to be together but not ready for marrige because it comes with a load pressure." I explained. Ailish got me but I just confused everyone else. "It's more about your age. You were ready to be together for like, forever, but you weren't ready to be married because that kind of sets it in stone."

"Okay...so what do I do?" Jess asked.

"You talk to him about it." Katie said. "You're in that place that you can actually talk about things, not have to hide it because you'll scare them away." You could see Katie was remembering an ex.

"No, no don't talk about it. Just get some space." Daisy said.

"But you can't take space from a husband." Jess complained.

"No, you can't. I agree with Katie, talk to him about it." I argued.

"You could break up." Ailish asked, but then immediatly regretted putting that idea into Jess' head. "No, don't do that! I didn't say that, talk to him."

"I could break up with him. But what about the twins?" Jess asked, I glared at Ailish.

"No, not 'what about the twins'. Because you and Luke are going to be together." Daisy said. "Like I told you, just get some space for a bit."

"Space, huh?"

"Space."

"Right, okay. Thanks Daisy."

"No, Jess. Don't get space, talk to him." I intercepted.

"Okay, so you three think I should talk to him which would be so awkward and will probably lead to another arguement. Or I can take some space which he will find weird because we've spent almost all our time together in the last 8 years and that'll lead to an arguement. I'm going to my room to figure this out." So Jess left to her room and the topic changed to the four dicks that had cheated on us.

"Yeah, so ended up breaking up with him." Katie sighed. "Who wants wine?"

"Me!" We all screamed, desperate for some alcohol. Ugh!

"And I broke up with Niall." I added.

"What, why? He said he'd make it up to you and it meant nothing and crap." Ailish asked.

"Well, you know, the crap wasn't persuading me." I dryly said.

"Are you sure you two can't work it out?"

"It was going no where and it wasn't exciting like new relationships should be. So no."

Then Daisy coughed from the arm chair in the corner of the room, she was all hunched up.

"I have a confession to make