Chapter Twenty Two: Worthy

Eddmina didn't realise that she had fallen asleep in Willas' arms until she felt herself waking up and felt his arms wrapped around her, her head resting in the crook of his neck.

At first she was a little embarrassed, considering she was completely naked, until she remembered what had happened the night before and decided there was no point being shy around him. With a small sigh, she shut her eyes again, hoping to go back to sleep as she still felt exhausted from the day before, but the sunlight was streaming through the curtains. Mornings in High Garden were much brighter than in Winterfell and she still wasn't used to it. If she had been alone she would have probably gotten up, but she daren't disturb Willas, not since he still seemed to be asleep.

Part of her couldn't get over the night before, the memories coming back to her as she laid in bed. She knew Willas was a kind person, but he had been so caring and gentle to her. It had hurt a little when he broke her maidenhead, and with his bad leg she had to be on top, but he made sure she was comfortable and was sure she wanted to sleep with him. In the end she had no regrets, not as he stroked her hair and spoke to her softly, whispering her name in her ear and making her feel safer than she ever had done before.

It was surprising how comfortable she felt in his arms, feeling as though she had known him much longer than a few months. She imagined what it would be like to have been married to someone who wasn't so kind, but the thought made her shudder, knowing she had gotten lucky.

"Good morning," she heard a quiet voice call from above, and she craned her neck around to see Willas looking at her with tired eyes. "How are you feeling?"

"Morning," she replied with a smile, sitting up slightly and pulling the bedsheet up to cover herself a little. "I'm alright, you?"

"Good," he nodded with a smile, leaning over and kissing her cheek. "Are you in any pain from last night? I'm sorry-"

"I'm fine, I promise," she told him honestly. "When are you going hunting?"

"If it was up to me, never," he groaned slightly, rolling his eyes. "Not that I dislike hunting, I could just think of better things to do with my first day of married life,"

"Well I'd rather go hunting than go for lunch with the ladies," Eddmina muttered bitterly. "It's fine, you go off and ride around the Reach and I'll sit in the gardens and make boring small talk with a bunch of southerners,"

Willas chucked, amused by her distaste for tradition and etiquette. At first he thought her attitude was due to her being from the north and the cultural differences, but he'd come to realise that she just hated attention and spectacle. She seemed to prefer minimalism, and despite growing up in such a grand setting, he couldn't help but admire her quiet disposition. She was so quietly confident, seemingly secure in herself, and it was quite attractive to him.

"We should probably get up," she suggested, but as she moved to get out of bed Willas took hold of her arm, pulling her back gently. With a small laugh, she pushed a quick kiss before pulling out of his grip. "Seriously, people will be waiting for us, and if I'm late to lunch I'll probably be lectured by my mother,"

"I didn't think married women cared for parental discipline," Willas remarked sarcastically, flashing her a smirk as he let her go, watching as she got out of bed, quickly pulling on a robe to cover herself. When he noticed her sigh and raise her eyebrows at his joke, he frowned. "What is it?"

"Well, I've realised you're probably right, but also realised you don't really know my mother at all," she told him with a shrug, sitting down at the dressing table and beginning to braid her hair. "She hates it when I'm not proper, not ladylike, she hates it when I give my opinions or try to be one of the boys, but maybe that's just because it reminds her that I was born before Robb. It reminds her I'm the family disappointment,"