The Candidates

The screams and tears could be heard all over the farmhouse. The eldest son or daughter of the eldest son, would unite the families in blood. Clemency wanted to marry her investment banker, Harlan Carlos Andersen. Michel and Kent were both married, so it fell to Clemency. "No, I won't marry some southern Pacific savage, Nooooo!!" Grandpa Beckette made the agreement. Claudia was assuring her daughter, that another granddaughter would wed, she would marry Harlan, in June . Claudia had a fiendish plan, she discovered a secret about the mother of one of her in laws, the mother of her husband's brother's wife, Dessere' Greenbriar Blackwolf.  Claudia would make a young woman's mistake,  a family's great shame .  She had a luncheon with her in laws, including Luke's wife, Dessere'.  " You all are aware of the situation, in the marriage of the "Tribal Chief " to a Blackwolf granddaughter. "  " Stacie is set to marry, Roosevelt Reigns. "  Alas that marriage does not pay the debt.  " So, Luke's daughter is the new bride to be."   Dessere' almost choaked on her iced tea.  " Excuse me?"  Claudia looked down her nose at her husband's brother's wife, not realizing the danger, she was in.  "Yes. Dear, your daughter, will marry, the savage tribal chief.  "Did you bump your head?"  Her tone was condescending and rude, "My sweet child is already engaged to marry,  your "little girl " is not."  Dessere 's face flushed red, and her lower lip began to tremble, as if she were in the frozen North.  The Blackwolf Matriarch knew enough about her second child's spouse to know that danger was peeking it's head.  "Desi, let's calm down."  Deseree' Blackwolf, still wanted to twist her perfectly coiffed head from her shoulders,  "You hurt my mother, to keep your child from marrying to save your father's face.  Claudia got condescending to Desi.  "Your child, will wed, so mine can marry, her Harlan."  " I will not have my child, marry to save your daughter's ass...!"  "Then your dear Mommy will be humiliated,  as will her two eldest bastards."  Desi Blackwolf, balled up her fist and "splat!!!"