Man and Wife

A very unique happening,  State Troopers, came and took away three men in handcuffs.  A small delay and my wedding began.  The wedding party, made their way down the aisle, first the attendants, two by two, then the Maid of Honor, Jerri, then the adorable duo, the flower girl and ring barrier.  The shiny oak doors closed, the veil over my face, at my side, dressed to the "tens", was my Dad. "You remind me of your Mother,  when she glided down the aisle on your Uncle's arm."  At the aisle's center, stood my mother, holding my bridal bouquet. "My baby, you look so. Beautiful. ", her amber eyes read the question on my mind. " I have special treats for your sister, when she marries. " "Nadia,  would have worn this.." "She's happy too." "Mama?"  " I feel it, she's happy, and sending you and Roman, love and her angels."  I was at the altar, I strolled over to my Aunt Angie, "Would you do, the honors."  A smile, warmer than the sun, as she gently lifted the veil from my face.  Roman stated, "My Bride."

  The ceremony, had an added attraction,  Semi and Feline, both screamed their objections.  Semi met the backhand of his mother, and Feline almost met the wrong side of mine.  The kiss sealing our onion, was surprisingly, tender, warm and short. I changed to my second gown, the one given to me by Aunt Fonia.  Nia placed a wreath of beautifully fragrant wild flowers on my head.  The High Chief stood, regal with his red and yellow lei, "We remember those who have sailed to paradise, we honor them with a floating candle. "

"First, our new family,  Nikki, you may go first,  a smooth white candle in her hand. " I honor you,  Jerome Wesley, sail to Paradise. "  Nico and Nalah, " We honor you, John Lorenzo, sail into Paradise. "  I stood next,  glanced behind me at Mom, her eyes full of worry and tears, but her smile went to her eyes, "I honor you, Nadia..."; Mom stood and joined me, "Nadia Danae Zendaya, sail into Paradise, my sweet baby. "

",It is the time, for the Father of the Bride to dance, with his daughter. " "My Colonel Dad, invites all fathers to dance with their daughters. "  Granddad danced with Aunt Jaye, Uncle Vance danced with Leah, Uncle T, danced with Sherry,  Lonnie danced with Jeri, all the fathers danced to "Jesus is Love ", by the Commodores.  I laid my head on Dad's shoulder, secure in his love and knowledge, I was his "Little Girl ".  We danced to the traditional song, just Dad and I.  My mother smiled, Dad and I held our arm to Mom, she danced with us. Nico , Nalah, Nate and Nikki danced around us.

  The next song was the "Cha Cha Slide " Nia, Reggie, Staci, Rosey, Dwayne, Me, the big surprise was when the "High Chief " and his wife, joined us. The cake cut, the garter, taken off my leg with Roman's teeth.  He threw it, Nate dove out, the way faking a "heart attack ",  "What are trying to do, I still got "wild oats " to sew."  Semi caught the garter.  I turned my back, and threw my bouquet, and it was caught by my cousin Moni.  She had enough sense to stay far away from Semi. 

After an active wedding night, we departed for our honeymoon to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.