Chapter Five

ALYSSA

"So, who was that guy yesterday?" I hear Davina's voice ask me into a whisper, which brings me out of my thoughts. Geography lesson is not really interesting enough to pay attention to and seems like she's thinking the same, wanting to talk to me about Tristan. Probably being interested in him or something. "No one special, just encountered with him a few times," I whisper my reply, keeping my eyes on the huge world map in front of me. "Come on, A. He came here to bring you back your bracelet. I know there is more," she whispers and I turn towards her to roll my eyes at her. "There's nothing, end of story. Roy is already pissed off at me enough and I don't want to-"

"Miss Kingsley and Miss Caldarelli, I see that your little chat is more important than this lesson. Is it too much to ask to pay attention?" Mr. Harmon, our teacher asks Davina and I. Twenty pairs of eyes turn to us. "We were paying attention," Davina says, trying to get out of this. God, why can't she just shut her mouth for once? "Is that so?" Mr. Harmon asks, raising his eyebrow up at us. As stupid as my best friend is, she confidently nods. "Then can you tell me where The great Victoria Desert is located in?"

"Uhm, Africa?" Davina says and then the class starts to laugh. "Almost Miss Caldarelli, but no. Miss Kingsley, I hope you know the answer to save you and your friend from spending an hour in detention today," he says and I bite my lip. Come on, you know this  one, Alyssa. I try to think as fast as possible and then eventually answer: "Australia?"

Mr. Harmon just stares at me for a second, before turning back to the blackboard. "Try to pay more attention next time, girls," he mumbles, before continuing his lesson. Well, that was some luck. "You owe me that one," I mouth to Davina and she leaves out a small laugh. I put my elbow on the desk in front of me and let my head rest in the palm of my right hand. I stare at the clock and sigh, knowing that there are still two periods left after this one. 

. . .

"Are you coming at my place?" I ask Davina, when I open my locker. The door of it is full of pictures of me with Davina, Michaela and Olivia. And a few of them are of Roy and I. I put my English book in it, before taking my bag out of it and putting it over my shoulder. "Uhm, no I have to go to Olivia's," she tells me, looking up from her iPhone. "We have to work on a project together."

"What kind of project?" I ask her. "Uhm, Science project," she tells me, not being confident in her own answer. She's really a terrible liar. I want to ask more about it to force her to tell me the truth, but I just let it be. I'm too tired to even talk about it. 

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then," I eventually say, giving her a smile. "Sure, see you later A," she says, before giving me and air kiss. She walks towards the exit of the school and I close my locker, locking it, before also walking out of the school building. I walk towards the parking lot, where I placed my car this morning. I look for my keys into my bag, before unlocking my car and stepping inside of it. I put the key into the ignition switch, before driving the hell out of here. It's Thursday, which means that I still have to survive one day, before it is finally the weekend.

After ten minutes of driving, I finally arrive home and park my car on the lot. I step out of my car and walk towards the front door, before opening it. The moment I enter the house, I hear hard noises coming from the living room. It's probably my little brother playing some kind of lame video game. I walk into the living room and like I thought, my brother is playing a racing game on his PlayStation. "Carter, can you please turn that down?" I ask him, but he doesn't even bother to listen to me. I go closer to him and take the remote from the couch, before turning the volume down. "Hey!" he exclaims, trying to take the remote from me, but I jerk my hand away. "Don't put it so loud, Carter," I say to him, before handing him the remote. "Understood?"