Chapter Fifteen

ALYSSA

I slowly wake up, my eyelids still feeling heavy. The first thing that I notice is a coffee table full of random papers, which brings back the events of last night. I quit up and startle a little when I see Tristan sitting right next to me. "Morning," he sats to me, a small mirk on his face. He's probably amused because he managed to scare me. "Morning," I sigh. "Why aren't you sleeping?" His amused expression immediately fades and he sniffs before answering; "I couldn't sleep so I just stayed here."

"All night?" I ask him, raising my eyebrows up and he simply nods. "Okay," I say, dragging the last syllable. "How late is it?" I ask him, removing the blanket from my body, which I don't even remember using... "Uhm, ten," he replies and my eyes widen. "Dammit," I curse under my breath. "You have to go?" he asks me. Not that he is implying that he doesn't want to, but I guess it was just a question. "Yeah," I reply, although I don't want to go. Anywhere is better than home. Then I'll have to face questions from my parents, friends and family. The only thing I absolutely don't want is to see Roy and Davina... Although that is going to be difficult.

I get up from the couch, adjusting my dress and then I put on my shoes. "I guess I'll see you later," I say, giving him a small smile. "And thanks for letting me crash here."

He simply nods as response and I go towards the door. "And Alyssa?" I hear him say and I turn around, facing hm again. "Happy birthday," he simply says. "Thanks," I say, a small smile forming in the corner of my mouth. Well, that was the last thing I expected him to say...

I walk out of the door and go towards the elevator. When I am downstairs, I leave the building and go straight to my car. I get into my car and start the engine as soon as I am settled into the front seat.

During the drive home, all that I can think of is the image of Davina and Roy together... I still can't believe that what they did to me is true, even tough I saw it with my own eyes.

Arriving home, I park my car and sigh knowing that I'll have to face my parents... My father will be furious, I'm sure of that. My mother... She will probably be disappointed. She made a lot of effort to make this party happen, like every year and I ran away as soon as the incident happened.

I leave the car and head to the front door. I curse at myself, realizing that I hadn't taken my house keys with me last night. Having no other choice, I ring at the doorbell and within seconds, it's my mother who opens the door.

"Mom, I-" She takes me in her arms, which is very surprising. "Where were you? We looked everywhere for you, Alyssa," she says, frowning, making her face more severe. "I was... I was out, that's all." I don't even know how I am supposed to explain the events of last night, let along tell her that I slept over at a random house.

"Come on in," she says, closing the door behind us. "Roy was worried about you, he waited here all night." The moment she says that, Roy appears into the hall, coming towards us. He wants to take me in his arms too, but as soon as I feel his touch, I repel him, and not gently either...

"Alyssa! Don't be ungrateful to him! He's the one who-" I cut my mother off in mid-sentence. I am sure that Mr. Roy did not tell her about the real reason I ran off. Because the reason I left is him.

"Mom, please stop! If he hadn't-" Roy cuts me off at his turn, probably not wanting my mother to know his true facade.

"Michelle, can I talk with my fiancé for a moment?" Roy asks my mother. His fiancé? What kind of lunatic is this guy! First he fucks my best friend and then he has the balls to even call me his fiancé!

"Yes, of course," my mother says, giving a smile to Roy. She recedes from us and I find myself alone with him.

"Alyssa-"