Chapter Nineteen

TRISTAN

"Alyssa, this isn't funny," my face is dead serious as I say that to her. "I am not joking, Tristan. I really think that it could be true," she tells me. She really seems to be convinced by it. "My little sister?" I repeat, my look full of unbelief. "I know it sounds... crazy, but you should've seen her; she's exactly like you."

"There are many people that look alike. It doesn't mean anything," I am going to deny it, until I have solid proof of what she is telling me. I turn my back to her, walking towards the entrance of the building and I hear her footsteps behind me.

"And you're going to tell me that the fact that she has the exact same last name as you, is also a stupid coincidence?" she puts her hands on her hips to make it look like she has a point and all I can do is sigh. The tiny space of the elevator isn't really the place where I want to discuss things...

As the 'ding' of the elevator goes off to indicate that we arrived at my floor. When we enter my apartment, I go straight to the kitchen to get something to drink.

"So, what are we going to do, because you don't seem to believe me," she mumbles, leaning against the kitchen counter. "I don't know. I thought you were the plan-maker," I take a sip of my drink and she gives me an exasperated look. "Let me think," she says, putting her finger on her chin. "That's gonna take a while," I mumbled my words, but she seems to have heard them. She gives me a deathly glare and I just roll my eyes at her.

"Maybe we can find more information about her at my school. I mean there must be a file of her somewhere. We just have to find out how to get it," she tells me. Her idea is quite good actually. If we get the file, we get the information about my so called look-alike.

"So, we break in," I shrug, putting my gas of water down on the counter. "We break in into my school?" she raises her voice, making it clear that she isn't okay with that. "Yes, why not? I'm even surprised you didn't come up with that," I leave out a small chuckle. She seems to be chocked by my nonchalant attitude. "I'm not going to do that! You know in how many problems we could get for that?!"

"I promise you, we won't get caught and besides; we're not gonna steal anything, just look for some information," I tell her, giving her a small smirk. She deeply sighs, before thinking for a while. "Fine, but if we get caught and I am not going to hesitate on strangling you. I'll be in prison anyway," she mumbles. "Scary," my sarcasm is on point today...

She slightly chuckles, before taking her bag. "I'm gonna go. I'll try to find out how we're going to do it and then I'll let you know," those are her last words, before I simply nod and she gets out of my apartment.

Having nothing to do for the rest of the day, I just take place on the couch and start enjoying myself with weird reality shows.

A few minutes after, I hear someone knock on the door and just reply that it's open. Harper is shown behind the door and comes towards, before sitting down next to me.

"Hi," she smiles at me, a bag of something in her hand. "It's been a while since I checked up on you, so I brought you these," she hands me the white paper bag and I take it from her, only to see a few chocolate and vanilla muffins.

"Oh, ehm, thanks," I mumble, not showing too many enthusiasm. Truth is, I'm crazy about muffins, but I'm not going to let my enthusiasm ruin my macho attitude.

"So, how have you been?" her question seems to hold more worry than it should. "Yeah, I've been fine, still am," Is my simple reply. "You hang out with Alyssa a lot," her sentence sounds more like a statement than a question.

"You could say it like that," I say, tilting my head a little. "She has been... Assisting me." She seems to be confused by my use of words, but soon her eyes widen.