Chapter Twenty-Four

ALYSSA

Gosh, I've never been so stressed in my entire life. I keep ticking on my desk table, waiting for him to text or call or anything. Since he went to talk to that man yesterday, I haven't heard one single thing from him. Is that man his father? Did he tell him the truth? Or what if it all went wrong? 

Questions which I'm dying to get answers to. But no, he isn't giving me anything! I've texted him multiple times, but he doesn't reply. 

A voice in me tells me that everything didn't really go as planned... Maybe he just doesn't want to talk about it...

Well, sadly, I do. And if I want answers,  I guess I'll have to go seek for them myself.

I take my phone and search Harper's number in my contact list, before pressing the call button. "Hey Alyssa, what's up?" she greets me. "Hi, uhm... Sorry to bother you but have you seen or heard from Tristan? He isn't answering his phone and I really need to talk to him."

"Are you seriously making an excuse to go see him?" She asks. I can see her smirk from here...

"What? No, of course not! I just... He just... It's important, okay?"

"If I were home I could check out his apartment to see if he's there but I can't right now," she tells me. "You'll have to see for yourself."

"Don't worry, I'm already on my way," I say as I get out of my bedroom. I can hear her chuckle.

"You care about him, don't you?" Her question takes me off guard. "Hmm," I simply mumble, getting out of the house, before stepping inside my car.

"Something is happening between you two and I will find out," she says and I burst out of laughter. "Yeah, right. Good luck with that."

She chuckles. "I'll call you later, gotta drive," I tell her. "Sure, bye." I say my goodbyes and hang up, before putting my phone inside my pocket. 

I start the motor and drive towards Tristan's neighborhood, imagining various scenarios about what could've happened during his confrontation with that man....

When I finally arrive, I park my car and get out of the car as quickly as I can. I don't trust this neighborhood, it's really sketchy out here. My parents would literally strangle me if they knew I come here once in a while. 

I enter the building and take the stairs towards the fourth floor. Stupid me just couldn't take the elevator to make it easier...

When I arrive in the hallway on the fourth floor, I go towards the door of the guy who hasn't been answering me for at least twenty-four hours. I knock on the door. I wait for a while and then hear footsteps approaching to the door. 

The door slightly opens. "Oh, there you are. I've been calling...." My sentence came out a little too early, well before I even realized who is standing in front of me. 

There she is. Long brown hair and an arrogant look plastered on her face. That whore of a waitress standing in the doorframe, her flanel shirt, well.... Tristan's flanel shirt, opened just enough to see her black lace bra under it. 

I find myself being paralyzed in front of the haughty facade she is giving me. 

"Who's at the door?" Tristan's rough voice is heard a little bit further.  "Uhm, don't really know. She hasn't been talking for like 2 minutes. She's just staring at me." Right. Like she doesn't even know me. We met. Only once, but if I remember her, she sure as hell remembers me. 

"What do you mean she isn't talking? Is she mute or... Oh Shit." Tristan comes towards us and opens the door a little wider. He is obviously surprised to see me here. Well not surprised. It just seems like he's been caught or something...