Chapter Four

I pull up at Lincoln High School, wondering if I should go back. I park my motorcycle on the parking lot, between all the other vehicles of the school's students. I lean on my motorcycle, before putting my hand into the pocket of my jeans. I take the golden bracelet out of it, looking at slightly dangling between my fingers. I decide to go anyway, to finally get rid of it once and for all. I stand up straight, moving my footsteps on the pavement towards the entrance of the school. As soon as I am inside, slammed locker doors, hurried footsteps, talking voices and the school bell are heard. There are so many people in the main corridor, that it's practically like traffic on a Monday morning. As I pass by, I see people staring at me, some of them whispering things in their friend's ear when they notice me.

Welcome into the world of gossip, drama and torture. Man, I sure as hell don't miss high school. Even living on the street was less torturing than this place. I hated high school, not that I was hated by people, but let's just say that people were disliked by me. I was always that silent kid, who listens to music in the back of the class. I never made contact with my classmates, although they tried with me. I only really talked when it was necessary and then still, I tried to avoid conversation as much as possible. Of course there was always that one group of kids that were the mean ones. They annoyed me a lot, but I just didn't show that to them. The only way to not being bothered by people is by ignoring them. And that's what I did, my whole time into high school. Ignoring everybody and acting like they weren't there. 

I keep walking around, not knowing where to look for her. Maybe I'll randomly bump into her. After all, that's what happened the first two times, right? I hear my phone buzz and take it out of my pocket. I unlock it and quickly read the text message that has been sent to me. Not looking in front of me, I suddenly bump into someone. 

"Gosh, you could at least watch where you're walking," a brunette snarls at me, while picking up the bag she dropped when I bumped into her. "Sorry," I mumble, putting my phone back into my pocket. She stands up, then faces me and her mouth slightly falls open. She has oval lips, hazel eyes and a small perky nose. Her eyebrows are the same shade of brown as her mid-long dark brown hair and her skin tone is a little colored. By her features, I can tell that she's an Italian or something. 

"No, it's okay, never mind," she quickly says, giving me a small smile. I simply nod, wanting to continue my way, but she retains me from doing so. "I've never seen you here," she remarks. "I'm not going here, I'm just looking for someone," I tell her, still looking around. "Maybe, I'm the one you're looking for," she smirks at me, putting a strand of hair behind her left ear. "Sorry to disappoint you, but no," I say, looking at the bracelet in my hand. "Hey, that's my friend's bracelet," she says, furrowing her eyebrows. "Is it?" I ask, raising an eyebrow up at her. "Yes, let me give it back to her. I gave her that for Christmas," she tells me, trying to take hold of the bracelet, but I withdraw it before she can even touch it. "If you don't mind, I would like to hand it to her herself," I say to the girl and a glimpse of annoyance is seen in her eyes. "So, do you know where she is?"

"Yes, come with me," she sighs, turning her back and walking through the crowd. I follow her to who knows where and catch her glance at me once in a while. "So, are you like her secret admirer or something?" she asks me and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "What?" I ask and she slightly chuckles. "Her admirer," she repeats. "You must like her, wanting to give her back her bracelet personally." 

"No, not at all," I respond, no emotion into my voice. "I found it and I want to give it back to her, that's it." Her 'admirer' is the last thing I will ever be. "Oh," she says, before pursing her lips together. "I'm Davina, by the way," she introduces herself, slightly smiling. I just nod, not bothering to introduce myself. We have arrived at the end of the hall and she opens a dark blue door. It's a huge locker room, A girls' locker room to be more specific. The room is practically empty, only a few girls who are leaving the room now.