Chapter 5

(WARNING: THIS CHAPTER MIGHT BE SHORTER THAN USUAL AND REALLY CONFUSING DUE TO THE FACT THAT I WAS REALLY TIRED AND BORED WHEN I WROTE IT. AND MY BRAIN HAS BEEN WANDERING THROUGH DIFFERENT FANDOMS (mainly FMA[B]) ANYWAYS TRY TO BE PATIENT WITH MEEEE I HAVEN'T HAD MUCH SLEEP AND IV'E BEEN EATING LOTS OF CHOCOLATE (although technically it's salad, cause chocolate comes from a tree) SO ENJOY CHAPTER 5)

(And I may or may not have drunk a whole can of Pepsi and eaten a huge piece of cake before writing this...)

After we had our meal at McDonald's, we thanked Sean for helping us and he left in his truck.

"So, any ideas where we should look first?"

"Nope."

"Nada."

"Well then. Let's find a map and see where we are."

We left the McDonald's and walked to a nearby gas station. The guy at the front desk said we were in Sidney, Ohio. It seemed like a nice place, lots of restaurants, businesses, housing areas.

"Yep, you kids are in Sidney, Ohio. I take it you aren't from around here." The clerk stated from behind his counter.

"Yeah, this is the first time we've been here actually. Do you think you could tell us where the nearest car dealership is, one that rents cars?" Christina flashed the man a smile.

"Yeah, it's just that way. If you take..." he started rattling off directions on how to get to the car rental.

We thanked him once he was finished, and left the gas station. Thankfully, it was a quick walk and there were lots of mortals to hide our scent from any local monsters.

The car rental was a good size, with lots of different cars to choose from.

We picked out a blue truck, actually, I picked out a blue truck, and we went to the desk to pay for it.

Christina pulled out a little purse and pulled out a notepad. She scribbled something on it and handed it to the guy behind the desk. His eyes widened when he read what she wrote.

"Y-You kids can k-keep the car. N-No need to return it." He ran off towards some offices.

I leaned over and whispered in Christina's ear. "What did that note say?"

"It said that I am a daughter of Iris. That guy's a demigod, a son of Hecate I believe."

"Oh."

"How did you know he's a demigod?" Leo asked, a skeptical look on his face.

"I've seen him before. I knew when I was a Hunter. I saved his life and sent him to Camp Half-Blood."

"Oh. Did you know him, Sof?"

"Yeah, but I was a new recruit and could only watch the missions. He probably doesn't remember me."

"I don't know. When he glanced at you something in his eyes kind of changed. Maybe he does recognize you." Christina said, reminiscing about when she handed him the note.

Leo snorted. "Or maybe he has a crush on you."

"Hahahaha no. And let's keep it at a no, because: 1. I already have a boyfriend 2. That guy looks like he's in his thirties, so he's way too old for me, and 3. He's not even cute!"

The guy returned with the keys, and from the look on his face he probably didn't hear what I said.

He handed me the keys, and I swear he made sure our hands touched and he gave my hand a little squeeze. I wanted to judo flip that guy and tie him to tree for a week and throw daggers at him then leave him at the edge of a cliff with a really bad nosebleed and hope that he bleeds to death.

He grinned and his eyes sparkled. "Hope you enjoy the car."

Oh how I wanted to wipe that stupid grin off his face with a well aimed kick to his crotch.

Instead, I handed the keys to Christina and waited for them to turn around and walk away.

Then I walked up to him and got up close to his face. He had that grin again.

I whispered in his ear, "You got some nerve, perv." Then I kicked him in the crotch and turned around, leaving him groaning on the floor and probably cursing my name to the depths of Tartarus.

I walked over to the truck and got in the back seat. Leo called shotgun already.

We drove out of the building, after I convinced Christina to leave some marks from the tires, which she did.

Satisfied with myself, I leaned against the window and closed my eyes for a well deserved nap. Probably the worst mistake I had made for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok.

Hi guys.

It's been awhile.

*waves from behind bookshelf*

Anyways, I wanted to say sorry for making y'all wait for so long, but I have been SOOO busy that it's not even funny. And since I've been so busy, I'm going to put this book on hold.

Wait, don't go freaking out yet.

Let me finish.

The reason I'm putting this book on hold is because I'm busy and I was hired to do art for my friend's book that will be coming out soon.

I will continue writing towards the end of March, maybe even in April.

I'm sorry.

😢

Don't kill me please.

I'm too young to die.

Bye.

~Lily, the crazy Whovian from Camp Half-Blood that has joined Dauntless and taken over Panem and Amestris by joining the guild Fairy Tail and destroying Sauron with nothing but a magnifying glass from Sherlock and the help of StarClan.