Voices from his past: Akaza x Gentle Demon Reader

Genre: Angst/Fluff

Pairing: Akaza x Reader

Requested: No

Song(s): Voices of the past - Demon slayer ost and You can be king again by Lauren Aquilina

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Akaza hadn't gotten a good amount of sleep ever since he turned into a demon. He would wake up every hour without fail. His breathing erratic and sweat dripping from his forehead. His heart would be racing and tears slid down his face. He turned to his side to see you still sleeping soundly next to him. He reached over and ran his fingers through your hair. He smiled gently when your hands reached up and took a hold of his hand. It was like a dream to him. He remembered the exact moment he stopped being the upper moon 3. The X's in his eyes proved it. He had stopped being an upper moon when you came into his life.

He remembered the fight on the train. He remembered you stepping in front of him when he was about to kill the fire pillar. He remembered the fearful but determined look in your eyes and you stood there. He even remembered the moment he begged her to kill him. Begged the fire pillar to let him stay with her till she was ready to kill him. His eyes filled with tears when he remembered the look of pure hurt in both the pillar's eyes, and your eyes. They spared his life and brought him back to HQ where he told the master everything he knew he would want to know about Muzan and the others.

He had no care for Muzan and he wanted to be away from that man. Akaza shifted himself so he was pressed against your body. His eyes widened when your arms wrapped around his body and pulled him against your chest. Your hand ran through his hair in a calming way that made his body grow tired. Your claws gently scratched at his scalp making his eyes grow heavy with sleep by the minute. Yes, you were a demon, Kyojuro Rengoku's demon to be exact. Yes, you and Akaza were dating, but you were Rengoku's partner on missions. You had proven that you were capable of fighting alongside a human when they watched you protect Rengoku. Akaza had watched the whole scene before his eyes.

As he fell back asleep, he remembered his life before becoming a demon. He remembered the girl that he was supposed to marry. Koyuki. He shifted and whimpered as his dream turned to a nightmare. Koyuki blamed him for her death and called him a monster. Making him cry out and beg her to stop calling him those names. For what seemed like hours, he would lay there and listen to the names that she would call him. His tears staining his face as he covered her ears and cried. He begged her to stop.

What sent him into a fitful cry was when Koyuki glared and told him; "Y/n will never love a murder. She will never love you. You know this and yet you still cling to her." He covered his ears and screamed. Y/n shot up from her sleep when she felt Akaza shift violently in his sleep. Tears streaming down his face. He whimpered and small pleas and begs left his mouth making her worry for him. She gently shook him awake. "Akaza, wake up. You are having a nightmare. She whispered. Akaza's eyes flew open and he jumped away from Y/n.

She raised an eyebrow before standing up and walking over to him. She reached her hand towards him and watched as Akaza covered his head. His body shaking violently. "Pl-Please. I'm sorry! I know I have killed innocent people but please, don't leave me alone." He whispered. She dropped to her knees and pulled the male into her arms. He felt her body shaking as her tears dripped onto his bare shoulder. She hiccupped and buried her face in his shoulder.

He knew what he had seen was a dream and had brought his pleas to reality. He was worrying his fiancée with his nightmares. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. His eyes were wide and looked around the room frantically. Everything was still the same. They were still in the demon slayer HQ's. They were still surrounded by demon slayers that had come to caring for them. They had been deemed the twin demon pillars and were part of the hashira. Akaza couldn't ask for anything more from the demon slayer's. He had already received so much from them. Not to mention, Y/n.