When you come home; I'll be waiting

Pairing: Sanemi x Spirit Female Reader ft Spirit Genya

Song: The Underworld- Epic the Musical

Genre: Angst

Warnings: Grab the tissues, Manga Spoilers (Don't read if you haven't read the manga!) mentions of death

Side to side. Back and forth. The choppy sea threw the boat too and frow as the men aboard screamed orders to one another. The thunder rolled across the sky as lightning lit the air above them. Sanemi held the pocket watch in his hand; the picture of his wife and deceased younger brother staring back at him with bright smiles. A genuine but sad smile crossed his lips as he swayed with the boat. Closing the pocket watch and tucking it into the breast pocket of his shirt before leaving his quarters.

He had a ship to run. But he couldn't get the many screams out of his mind. He had lost so many of his crew but he knew it was for the best. His heart thundered painfully in his chest as he recalled the fight that had recently happened. He narrowed his eyes and anger but proceeded to push forward. He knew he had to continue moving forward.

All I hear are screams, every time I dare to close my eyes

I no longer dream, only nightmares of those who've died

Nothing's what it seems

And here in the Underworld, the past seems close behind

This land confuses your mind

When does a man become a monster?

Five hundred fifty-eight men who died under your command

Captain! Captain! Captain! Captain!

Why would you let the cyclops live

When ruthlessness is mercy?

The sound of the sea was angry, like it had witnessed something dreadful. It slammed against the boat with a furious roar. Sanemi grabbed the railing of the deck stairs and forced himself to the top. He looked over the men that ran across the deck, tightening loose ropes, and tying barrels down. He begins to move towards the front of the ship to look for anything loose and to tie them down when he hears the faintest words flutter through the air. Whipping his head around, he looked to his sides and found no one standing there.

"My 'Nemi"

Sanemi felt his heart pounding painfully in his chest as he recalled the last moments of his brother in his life. The sound of his body hitting the stone wall as the monstrous cyclops slammed his hand against his body, sending him flying. Sanemi shook his head to rid the memories. He felt tears fill his eyes but blamed the rain dripping from his wet hair into his eyes. Shaking his head, he could feel his heart being ripped out all over again. It was a pain he didn't want to experience again.

All I hear are screams, every time I dare to close my eyes

I no longer dream, only nightmares of those who've died

Nothing's what it seems

But in the Underworld, the past seems close behind

I keep thinking of the infant from that night

This life is amazing when you greet it with open arms