I will always protect you: Rengoku Kyojuro x Reader

Genre: fluff with a little angst sprinkled in

Song: Homura by LiSA

Pairing: Kyojuro Rengoku x Reader

Requested: No

WARNING: SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE! DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT A SPOILER!! They are not big spoilers but still, read at your own risk.

Kyojuro waved happily when he saw your face in the crowd. "Y/n! Thank you so much for coming!" He called out hugging you tightly. You returned the hug and smiled brightly at your best friend. "It's been a while since I last saw you Kyojuro. How have you been?" You asked. Kyojuro shrugged his shoulders. "I became the flame pillar. OH! That's right. I need to introduce you to the young demon slayers that are accompanying me on this mission." He said, grabbing your hand and walking onto the train. You laughed at how happy he was. 'I miss this.' You thought. "Tanjiro! I have a friend that I want you and the others to meet." Kyojuro called out.

A boy with red hair, and eyes walked out of the room that Kyojuro was standing next to. His eyes lit up and a smile appeared on his face. "It's nice to meet you! My name is Tanjiro Kamado." He said holding his hand out. You smiled and shook his hand. "Y/n." You replied. You shifted your twin blades on your back and sat down. You watched as three other people appeared. They each said their names and when it came time for the girl to say her name, she shied away and hid behind Tanjiro. "This is my little sister Nezuko. She was changed into a demon by Muzan and I want to find a way to get her back to being a human again." He said.

Y/n smiled at how gentle the boy was with his sister. "I will gladly help you find a way Tanjiro. I want to find that way as well." You said. Tanjiro beamed up at you. He hugged you tightly to which you hugged him back with a smile on your face. "Also, I have been meaning to ask, why do you dress that way? Aren't you a demon slayer too?" Zenitsu asked. You smiled and shook your head. "I am my own independent demon slayer. I don't work with Kyojuro as a demon slayer. It may sound weird but I have my reason why." You said. "Can I ask what your breathing technique is?" Tanjiro asked. You smiled and nodded your head.

"I am a blue fire breather. I'm similar to Kyojuro but my flames burn a little hotter. Another name for it actually is called Hell Fire. I don't have to cut the demons head off if I don't feel like it. I can just burn them alive with my fire." You said. You wrapped the black cloak around your body as a sudden chill shot up your back. Kyojuro saw this and immediately wrapped you in a hug. His body was warm against your always cold form. You sighed in content and leaned closer to his chest. You had always had feelings for the male but you couldn't ever bring yourself to tell him because you didn't know if he felt the same way.

 You had always had feelings for the male but you couldn't ever bring yourself to tell him because you didn't know if he felt the same way

Tanjiro asked her more questions about her breathing style and she answered each of them as truthfully as she could. The fire would burn like the sun and maybe hotter to humans, but to demons, it would freeze them. Hell fire has different forms, being Purple Flames, Red Flames, Black Flames and Blue Flames. Each of them are different in their own rights. She only knew how to use the blue flames. Tanjiro sat in his seat all giddy from listening to another fire user. "Can I ask you a question?" He asked, looking at both you and Kyojuro. The two fire users nodded their heads and faced him.