Chapter 2

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*

"I'm tired" Younghoon sighed as he sat on his desk and listened to Hyunjae and Juyeon talking about something on the news that morning. "I swear it looked serious!" Hyunjae said, throwing his arms around in exaggeration.

"Yeah, I heard them saying that it's some kind of virus but it hasn't reached Seoul yet" Juyeon pointed out, earning Younghoon's attention. "What virus?" Younghoon asked and got up from the desk.

"I'm not sure what kind, but it's serious" Juyeon said as he showed an article on his phone. It was talking about a virus that had first started in Incheon but now had spread to Daegu. "Ah crap!" Younghoon thought out loud as he ran a hand through his hair.

He went to sit in his seat but stopped when he saw the boy who brought cherries for him in the morning walk into their classroom. Chanhee had a jumper on that gave him sweater paws, and his hair was messily falling on his eyes.

This was the first time Younghoon had paid any attention to Chanhee, and he couldn't look away. Chanhee went to his seat at the back of the class and looked out the window expectantly, not noticing the pair of eyes on him.

Younghoon stopped his thoughts before they went too far and turned away from Chanhee to take his seat. After a while, the teacher came in and started teaching whatever he was teaching. Younghoon put his hoodie on before falling asleep and ignoring all the sounds.

An announcement in the speakers woke him up. He could hear the person announce that school would end early that day because the virus had been discovered near the school. Hyunjae grabbed hold of Juyeon's hand before shaking Younghoon thinking he was still asleep.

"Calm down, it's probably nothing" Younghoon said as he tried to go back to sleep. He hadn't even been able to properly close his eyes again before he and the entire class got disturbed by a scream in the hallway.

There was loud crashing and screaming, but then the words of terror sent everyone into a rush of panic. "IT'S HERE! THE VIRUS IS HERE!!"

• ₊°✧︡˗ˏˋ🖤ˎˊ˗

Chanhee looked around desperately as he heard the person scream. Everyone was rushing to the door and running out towards the entrance. Then they saw it, someone who was mainly flesh and bones. No it can't be called someone. It was more like a monster.

It walked towards the students before biting onto one of their necks. Chanhee closed his mouth and ran to the bathroom before shutting the door and locking it. He silently cried as he tried to get the image of the creature biting into the boy out of his head.

What was it? It looked like the walking dead, but it can't possibly be zombies. They don't exist. Chanhee splashed water on his face and tried to talk to himself in the mirror to encourage him to walk out of the bathroom.

"Choi Chanhee, you can't live in the bathroom forever! You can't live on toilet water and hand soap! Or can you? No you can't. You're going to fight those creatures" Chanhee said as he fixed his jumper and went to open the door.

He slowly popped his head out to check if he could see anyone. He was about to step out, thinking the coast was clear, when he saw one of the creatures again. He was about to get back and shut the door but stopped when he saw that the thing was trying to get to a boy who was trying to keep it away with a kind of rod.

Chanhee's breath hitched, seeing that it was Kim Younghoon. He cursed himself for what he was about to do but went inside the bathroom to get a broom and walked towards the boy and the creature.

"GET OFF HIM!" Chanhee shouted as he hit the creature on the head using the broom with as much force as he could. The monster fell back, and Chanhee took the chance to grab Younghoon's hand and run to the closest room, which happened to be the biology lab, before locking the door and sliding down it.

"Thank you" Younghoon said as he held on to his heart and leaned on the wall. "Yeah, I couldn't have just let you die" Chanhee said as he looked at the boy who looked terrified.

"I guess I would've died without you, cherry boy" Younghoon said mainly to himself, but Chanhee heard him. "I have a name! Choi Chanhee, my name is Choi Chanhee" Chanhee said as he glared at Younghoon.

"Anyway, we're stuck together now" Younghoon groaned as he extended his hand out to Chanhee, who ignored him and pushed the broom across the room, "Yeah, I suppose we are" Chanhee agreed and turned to look at Younghoon with an unimpressed look on his face.

»»————- ★ ————-««