Chapter 1

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*ೃ

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*ೃ

"Mr Kim, breakfast is ready" Yua, the maid, lightly knocked on the door when she heard grumbling from the other side. She had been with Younghoon since he was five, so she had the freedom of a big sister to just barge into his room, no questions asked.

"Hoon, wake up!" Yua changed her way of addressing the boy as soon as she entered the room and went to open the curtains letting the sunlight through.

"Noona, stop!! I want to sleep" Younghoon groaned as he felt himself melt back into his silk sheets. "No can do, Mr Hoon. You have school" Yua pointed out as she saw Younghoon bury himself under the covers.

"Can't I just skip today and stay home?" Younghoon rubbed his eyes as he got up to sit against the headboard. Yua just laughed at the boy with messy hair and puffy cheeks in front of her before going to ruffle his hair.

"You can stay in tomorrow since it's a Saturday, but today I can't help you" Yua said as she already started making Younghoon's bed while he was still on it.

"You're annoying" Younghoon stuck his tongue out before walking towards the bathroom. "Ah Hoon, eat breakfast today. You aren't going to skip another meal" Yua said sternly to the boy standing with one foot inside the bathroom.

"Appa isn't here, right? Then I don't want it" Younghoon mumbled. "No, but the kid brought cherries today. You love those, don't you?" Yua asked, and Younghoon was suddenly hungry.

"Really? I guess I'll eat today, only because I love cherries and I don't have them often" Younghoon said as he quickly ran into the bathroom.

"Every day isn't often?" Yua teased as the door to the bathroom shut. "Doesn't the boy go to school with you? He seems nice. Are you friends?" Yua continued asking, and Younghoon gave one-word replies from the bathroom.

Younghoon and Chanhee had been in the same school only because Chanhee somehow managed to get a scholarship. He wouldn't have been able to afford even one-fourth of the school tuition if it weren't for the scholarship and their principal, who's a little bit too into charity work.

Younghoon had always seen Chanhee in school, but he never really interacted because why would he? They were from different backgrounds, different status quos. So why should Younghoon bother with the boy?

No matter what he said, he did love the cherries that Chanhee brought every morning. Younghoon had always been a big fruit baby. He'd be happy with anything from tangerines to bananas, but his favourite had always been cherries.

He loved how it tasted and how it would stain his lips, and he felt pretty, but mainly he loved how his father used to tie the stems of the cherries with his tongue. He tied as many of them as Younghoon wanted. He wouldn't get mad or annoyed but just smile as the child laughed and awed.

Younghoon shook the memories away as he let the cold water in the shower run over him. Ever since his parents got a divorce, his father had managed to be a workaholic and rarely even talked to him, but he still had the memories and to him, that was enough for now.

• ₊°✧︡˗ˏˋ🖤ˎˊ˗

Chanhee sighed as he walked into his small house, exhausted from doing his deliveries. "Chanhee-ah" he heard his mother say from the living room, and he quickly ran to her.

"Eomma, I got you the milk and bread, but I didn't get to buy the eggs. I'll get it by afternoon" Chanhee said as he laid down on his mother's lap. "That's okay. You had your breakfast, right? Chanmi is eating hers right now" Chanhee nodded before moving towards his sister.

"Oppa! I wanted to talk to you" Chanmi said as soon as Chanhee slid in next to her. "What do you want, princess?" Chanmi looked down at her feet before talking.

"I need new shoes. They made fun of my shoes in school yesterday. They said I have holes in them because I can't afford good shoes" she said, making Chanhee's blood boil. "I'll get you as many new shoes as you want, okay? We don't need anyone to look down on us" Chanhee kissed her head before going to kiss his mother.

"I'm going to school. I'll bring the eggs in the afternoon and then we'll go out to pick new shoes! I love you both" Chanhee shouted as he grabbed his bag before walking out of his house.

Neither of the two boys could possibly predict the events of that day and how it would change both of their lives forever.

»»————- ★ ————-««