Chapter 15

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*

"I think we should start moving again" Sunwoo suggested as he walked down the stairs and into the living room where the others had gathered. "Why? Where's Hyunjae?" Sunwoo shrugged, not knowing if he should let them know what was happening with him.

"We can't just go! We need to try to call for some help" Juyeon said, moving closer to Hyunjoon. "We tried that yesterday. Unfortunately, phone lines don't work" Changmin said, throwing his head back in annoyance.

"Are we going to die like this? We can't go back to them without help!" Jacob started pacing around the room in pure panic. "Guys check the news" Kevin said seriously as he ran down the stairs and switched on the main tv.

"Sangyeon and I heard it on one of the TVs upstairs. There's a help signal we can send for the military to come to rescue us, I guess" just like Kevin said, the main headlines were about the help signal.

"We don't have anything to send that on" Sunwoo said with an audible sigh. "No, there's a radio but it's in the pantry. Only Noona uses it" the discomfort on Younghoon's face made everyone worried.

"Can she pass it to us?" Everybody looked at Jacob like he was crazy. "Who knows if she's still human, her incubation period is over if what Younghoon told us yesterday is true" Sangyeon explained, not liking what he's going to have to say next.

"We might have to kill her to get it" Younghoon's eyes widened as he disagreed with everything in him. "No, you aren't doing that to her. She's the closest thing I have to a mother!" Younghoon walked up to the door, separating them from the pantry door before bending down and calling out for Yua.

To his horror, all he heard in response was a groan. "Noona, don't make them do this to you" Younghoon begged as he tried to hide Yua from them. "Younghoonie...I- I'm almost gone" Yua strained each syllable while groaning in between.

"Sweet boy, you know- you know I love you...right?" Younghoon shook his head as he looked at the weak smile on Yua's face. "They say they need to kill you for us to be rescued. I won't let them" Younghoon cried his heart out and ignored all the comforting words from his friends.

"Let them" Yua said, and Sangyeon took that as a signal to tell Kevin and Jacob to hold Younghoon back. "Sangyeon, she's still a bit human! You don't have to do this" Chanhee pleaded, and Sangyeon looked at him with apologetic eyes.

"It's only a matter of time" Younghoon screamed in distraught as he watched Sangyeon near the pantry door. "Chanhee, don't let him!! Juyeon, you know her so well. How can you let him do this!?" Younghoon struggled in Kevin and Jacob's arms while watching Yua open the door for Sangyeon and him walking in with a knife.

"No, don't do it!" Sangyeon tightly wrapped an oven mitt around Yua's mouth while Eric and Haknyeon held her back so she wouldn't bite them. "Be softer, Eric. She's still human" Changmin tried intervening, knowing there was no point.

"See, she can't do anything now. Please don't kill her. You've restrained her" Younghoon shouted, trying to get Kevin and Jacob off him. Sangyeon looked distraught at Yua and back at the knife.

Yua smiled at the boy before taking the knife from his hands. She looked at Younghoon once with concern filling her eyes before plunging herself in the stomach. A heart-wrenching scream left Younghoon's mouth as Kevin and Jacob finally loosened their grips.

Younghoon scrambled to get to Yua before gathering her in his arms. He forcefully yanked the mitt off her mouth, not caring if he got bitten. "I wouldn't want to live like this anyway. I'm happy I got to see you before I died. Goodbye, Hoon" she smiled once more before drifting out of consciousness forever.

• ₊°✧︡˗ˏˋ🖤ˎˊ˗

"Younghoon, please talk to me" Chanhee begged as he held onto the boy's hand. Younghoon refused to move from the spot even after taking Yua out of his arms. Even after hours of sitting there like a zombie himself, he refused to move.

"They didn't have to do that. They didn't have to do that" Younghoon looked at Chanhee with a broken look in his eyes. "They did, you know they had to" Younghoon finally let himself cry while Chanhee held onto him.

"Come on, let's get you washed up. You're all bloody" Younghoon obliged but was still stuck in his catatonic shock. Chanhee managed to somehow get him up the stairs and into his bedroom. "Let me run you a bath?" Chanhee took the lack of response from Younghoon as a yes and went into the bathroom.

Chanhee was hurt himself, having seen Yua every morning for the past few years, it was hard to see her die in front of him, but he knew it was so much harder for Younghoon. "Come on, let's get you cleaned" Younghoon unwillingly followed Chanhee into the bathroom before getting into the water.

"You haven't eaten anything. Let me get you something" Younghoon stopped Chanhee before he could leave. "Don't go, I don't want to be alone" Younghoon sobbed, breaking Chanhee's heart.

"Okay, I'll be right here" he assured him as he helped Younghoon clean himself. They spend the entire night in silence except for the occasional night terrors that would make Younghoon snap out of his already broken sleep.

Each time he'd wake up, one look at Chanhee was enough to get him to calm down. Somehow one look at him was enough to make everything okay. If he were with him, everything would be okay.

»»———— ★ ————««

A/N

Guess who's back!? Hii okay, I'm back. Enjoy the update <\\3