Chapter 4

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*

"It's a bit cold, right?" Younghoon asked as he watched Chanhee hug himself while visibly shivering. "Are you blind or just dumb to not notice that I've almost turned into freaking Ice?" Younghoon tried to move closer to Chanhee, but he moved away.

"I'm not that bad" Younghoon mumbled to himself as he watched the darkness that enveloped the streets outside the window. There was an eery silence that didn't sit well with Younghoon.

His life was so hectic for as long as he could remember, and now it was like it all came to a sudden stop. He thought about Yua. What would she have been doing right now? He wondered if she was safe. He wondered if his father noticed he was missing and whether he was okay. Surely he'd be all safe up in his office.

The thoughts hit Younghoon like a ton of bricks, and the realisation forced tears to run down his cheeks unconsciously. "Are you okay?" Chanhee placed a hand on Younghoon's shoulder, and he flinched without intention.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" Younghoon spoke up confidentially. Chanhee looked at him sceptically before admitting defeat and moving back. "You're not that bad" Chanhee confirmed, and Younghoon let out a dry laugh.

"I don't expect you to say more. I bet you didn't think you'll be stuck with me when you came to my house today morning to deliver the cherries" Chanhee snapped his neck towards Younghoon when he spoke.

"You knew I came to your house this morning?" Chanhee's nose scrunched up in confusion, and Younghoon would be lying if he said he didn't find that extremely adorable.

"Of course, I'd know the boy who brings me one of the only things that bring joy to my life these days" Chanhee wanted to question him further but knew better than to do that. "Hey, you wanna see something cool?" Chanhee asked, trying to change the topic.

"You might think it's weird, but I'm pretty good at this" Chanhee went to the teacher's table before taking out a piece of string among the miscellaneous junk.

"I knew Miss Jung kept the test strings here" Chanhee came towards Younghoon before crossing his legs and sitting in front of him. "Promise me you won't think it's weird?" Younghoon nodded curiously as Chanhee stretched out the string in his hands.

"I don't even know if it'll work with string, I usually do it with cherry stems, but it's worth a try" Chanhee placed the string on his tongue before effortlessly tying it and removing it from between his lips with a pop.

"Tada!" Chanhee smiled shyly as he waved the knotted string in the air. Younghoon was overwhelmed, to say the least. Not only did Chanhee remind him of the happiest moments in his life when his father used to make him laugh like he just did.

But moreover, it was different when he did it. It didn't seem to be just funny or cool to Younghoon. He didn't know the word to describe it, but he definitely liked it. "Do another one for me" Chanhee happily got up to get another string seeing that Younghoon finally cheered up.

• ₊°✧︡˗ˏˋ🖤ˎˊ˗

Chanhee gladly did what Younghoon asked him to. Chanmi always loved it when he did this for her. She would always smile if she were upset, and he was relieved that it worked with Younghoon too. All he cared about was getting home to his mother and sister to make sure they were okay.

But he knew that right now, he had to survive. He only had Younghoon with him, no matter how much he didn't like the idea. As of now, it was unfortunately them against those creatures.

Chanhee noticed how Younghoon seemed hot and bothered as he stared at his lips with an occasional glance at his eyes. Chanhee quickly tied the second string before passing it to Younghoon.

Something about the way he was looking at him like he could devour him that very second made Chanhee lose all his nerves and attitude ."Where are you going?" Younghoon asked as he watched Chanhee move to one corner of the room before laying down on the cold floor.

"It's 1 am already! Get some sleep" Younghoon looked up at the clock hanging above their heads when Chanhee mentioned the time. A cold breeze spread across the room. It wasn't from the window since they were all closed but rather an isolated chill in the atmosphere.

Chanhee was beyond freezing at this point. He could feel his lips hit against his teeth as he begged himself to fall asleep. He continued shaking horribly, but suddenly all of his movements stopped when he felt a warm chest against his back. A pair of arms wrapped around his waist as they pulled him towards them.

Younghoon quickly turned Chanhee around before he could protest and moved his face into his chest while putting his arm under Chanhee's head so that he wouldn't have to lay on the hard freezing floor.

"Don't worry. It's purely survival. I'm not going to lose you to hypothermia. Who's going to bring me cherries if you die?" Chanhee's lips curved into a smile as he relaxed in Younghoon's warmth. Maybe he wasn't as bad as he thought, just maybe...

»»————- ★ ————-««