Chapter 19

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*

"They're coming. Everyone take what you need" Sangyeon announced as he stuffed whatever he thought they would need in case something went wrong. "They signalled us again. Thank god Jacob was awake to hear it" Jacob shrugged at Kevin before moving to help.

"Isn't bringing all these precautionary measures going to be bad juju?" Hyunjae asked from his spot on the couch. "You called me!?" Juyeon screamed from the other room, making everyone burst out in laughter.

"You think they'll have a problem with my leg?" Hyunjae asked, not wanting to be an inconvenience to anyone. "Would you shut it, if they have a problem with you, then none of us is going" Sunwoo said, inviting himself to sit beside Hyunjae.

"When he said none of us, does that include all of us or?" Haknyeon asked only to get elbowed by Jacob. "How do we know we can trust them?" Hyunjoon asked, making everyone stop in their tracks.

"Why are we so sure they're the rescue team?" He continued getting up to look out the window. "Faith, cause that's all we have left" Changmin smiled halfheartedly as he moved towards him to place a hand on his shoulder.

"We'll make it out of this together, all of us" Chanhee said confidently as he walked down the stairs with Younghoon following behind him. "Are we all ready to get out of this mess?" Juyeon finally made his way into the room with a big suitcase.

"What's with the suitcase?" Hyunjae asked, not wanting to hear the answer. "Oh, it's his dad's wine bottles. We can't just leave the entirety of it behind! That's just cruel" Juyeon tried reasoning, but everyone looked at the bag with an unamused look on their face.

"BUT IT'S VINTAGE!" He tried again before rolling the suitcase back out of the room. "Hey, we're almost out of this" Younghoon spoke into Chanhee's ear as he placed his head on the shorter boy's shoulder.

"You better come on that date with me as you promised, cherry boy" Younghoon knew Chanhee was blushing without even looking at his face. "I'll think about it" Chanhee said with indeed a blush decorating his cheeks.

• ₊°✧︡˗ˏˋ🖤ˎˊ˗

"It's them. It has to be them" Sangyeon led them outside with a duffle bag flung over his shoulder and a bat in his hand. "It is!" Kevin exclaimed, seeing the people in uniform standing outside Younghoon's gates, looking cautiously back at them.

"Did you send us the signal?" One of the officers asked, seemingly the chief. "I'm Kevin. I was the one who contacted you, sir" Kevin came to the front as he smiled awkwardly at the man who looked at him sceptically.

"Come forward" the officer examined Kevin carefully and commanded the other officers to take him away to the van. "Where are you taking him?" Jacob ran up to them before anyone could stop him.

"Don't worry. He's just being taken to the evacuation van. If we don't see any of you as a possible threat, then you can join him" Jacob stiffened as he was examined and taken away like Kevin.

As each of them proceeded to be evacuated, Sunwoo looked at Hyunjae in worry, not knowing what they would do to him. "Go ahead, I'll hide it well" Sunwoo looked at him with pure concern etched on his face, not wanting to go without him.

"I'm here with him, Sunwoo go" Chanhee said from behind them with a reassuring look. "Make it, please" Sunwoo kissed Hyunjae's pale cheeks as he went up to the officer.

It was just Chanhee, Hyunjae and Younghoon left to go. "I'm scared" Hyunjae confessed as he got ready to leave and be inspected knowing in his heart that he might very well be caught. "Let's go together then" Chanhee took Hyunjae's hand in his as he got ready to go with him.

Younghoon looked at the pair with concern in his eyes, only to be met with Chanhee's comforting look. "Meet me on the other side" Chanhee winked as he started walking towards the officers with Hyunjae's hand gripped tightly in his.

Everything was going well, too well until Hyunjae tripped, and he groaned in pain when he scraped his wound on the cement, a light rip forming on his pants but luckily not enough to reveal his wound. The officers looked confused but still waited for them to walk forward. They were a good deal away from them when the cut on Hyunjae's pants ripped further because of a wrong step, because of a careless slip.

"Stop! He's been bit" one of the officers shouted as he turned the revolver. Everything happened so quickly that it was too much for anyone to comprehend. Chanhee couldn't have Sunwoo loose Hyunjae, he promised him.

He didn't want Younghoon to lose someone else that he loved. He didn't have much time to think over his decision as he saw the officer aim at Hyunjae. He pushed himself in front of Hyunjae before closing his eyes and waiting for the bullet to hit him.

Chanhee fell to the floor as he felt his shirt stain with blood, and the pain flooded him. He could hear Younghoon and Hyunjae's screams, but he was too tired to listen. He just wanted to sleep. All he wanted to do was go to sleep.

»»———— ★ ————««