Chapter 10

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*

"Why did you have to come with me" Chanhee complained as he looked around the corner. "Well, cause I can't spend a second without you now" Chanhee gave Younghoon a displeased look before walking into the parking lot.

"It's a fucking blood bath" Younghoon gulped, seeing the ground covered with dried blood and most of the cars destroyed. "Do you think people are there?" Chanhee shook his head as he made his way towards one of the cars to check.

"There's no one here. It's been a few days! Why hasn't anyone come to rescue us yet!?" Chanhee slammed his hand on the car's dashboard before retracting it in pain.

"Why did you do that?" Younghoon quickly went over to hold onto Chanhee's hands. "Does it hurt?" Younghoon's eyes looked at Chanhee with concern. It was too new for him. Younghoon never wanted to protect someone as much as he wanted to protect Chanhee.

Maybe it's because they were in this together from the beginning, or maybe it's because he wanted to be with him like this for a lot longer. "Do you think it's safe?" Chanhee answered Younghoon's question with a question of his own.

"There are no zombies, but does that mean we're safe? Where can we even go?" Chanhee stepped into the street before his eyes widened in horror. "Younghoon, come here!"

The street wasn't abandoned as they'd thought. Instead, there was an evacuation van with the keys still in them, but only bodies were there. "It's not, safe! Let's go" Younghoon tried to go back in, but Chanhee shook his head.

"We're not going to escape, are we?" A single sob left his throat as he turned to wrap his arms around Younghoon. "I'll get you home. I don't know how but I will" Younghoon tried to calm down Chanhee by tracing shapes on his back.

"We could be murdered any second now, but I don't want to move" Chanhee laughed dryly onto Younghoon's shirt. "I can't believe I'm stuck with you" Younghoon placed a light kiss on Chanhee's head before moving back to look at him.

"I'm thrilled that I'm stuck with you" Younghoon gave the smaller boy a reassuring smile in hopes that it would make him feel better. He didn't understand why but Chanhee was more than just a crush, much more.

• ₊°✧︡˗ˏˋ🖤ˎˊ˗

Sangyeon anxiously opened the door expecting the worst but let out a sigh of relief seeing Chanhee and Younghoon. "Did you get hurt?" Changmin quickly walked up to them in concern.

"No, we're fine but I don't think you're going to like what we found" Kevin's hand laced with Jacob's as he heard the words leave Younghoon's mouth. "There was an evacuation van outside, it was destroyed and the people in it weren't alive. I don't think we can escape" Hyunjoon moved closer to Juyeon in fear, and Hyunjae looked at them in shock.

"We're going to die here? No, we can't! There's a van out there, so let's get out!!" Hyunjae shouted, gaining everyone's attention. "It's not going to be simple, but if they came here to save us, then we should get out" Hyunjae said, going up to stand beside Kevin.

"Kevin, you know how to drive. You'll drive us! We just have to make a few trips, but I'm sure we can get all of us out. We have to get out" Sangyeon grew more confident hearing Hyunjae.

"Some of us can go first. Kevin and I will come this time" Kevin nodded promisingly. "Then I'm coming too!" Jacob said as he tightened his grip on Kevin's hand. "We're in too" Hyunjoon said, holding onto Juyeon.

"Twelve people? Twelve people should go first if we are dividing it in terms of 2 trips" Chanhee mentally calculated as he went to the front of the cafeteria.

"I'm just going to say the 12 people I think should go first. Feel free to say you don't want to come" everyone agreed as Chanhee said the names. "Sangyeon, Kevin, Jacob, Younghoon, Hyunjae, Juyeon, Changmin, Haknyeon, Sunwoo, Eric, Hyunjoon and me? Is that okay with everyone?" Everybody nodded approvingly as Chanhee went back to the middle of the room.

"We will get out of here, all of us" Hyunjae spoke up, trying to make everyone more hopeful. "We will come back for everyone here, I promise" Sangyeon said, looking at the crowd of his friends and classmates.

"We trust you Sangyeon, don't worry" Felix said from amongst the people. "You'll all be fine, fighting!" Hyunjin assured while flashing a smile at the group of boys.

"We'll get going tomorrow, get everything we need. Food, water and all" Kevin said and went into the kitchen. "Are you scared?" Younghoon asked once he got Chanhee alone.

Chanhee shook his head as he looked at Younghoon. "Why would I be? I have you. I'd be stupid to think that something bad would happen to me if I have you around" Chanhee placed his head on Younghoon's chest before letting him wrap a hand around his waist. "I know I'll be fine as long as I have you."

»»———— ★ ————««