Chapter 17

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*

꒱࿐♡ ˚.*

"I'm coming in. Tell me if you're doing anything weird" Hyunjae warned as he opened the door to Younghoon and Chanhee's room. "Hyunjae! I'll let you guys talk" Chanhee smiled at Younghoon reassuringly as he left the two alone.

"Hey Jae" Younghoon buried himself further into his blankets, not wanting to converse with anyone. "Don't make me manipulate you with my zombie bite" Younghoon shot his head up from the bed with that simple statement, only for his eyes to fixate on Hyunjae's leg.

"What happened? When?" Younghoon was beside Hyunjae at this point, scanning him up and down in worry. "I don't care. I won't let anything happen to you either way" Younghoon wrapped his arms around Hyunjae without warning.

"I'll be okay. If anything would've happened, then it would've already happened" Hyunjae calmly patted Younghoon feeling hot tears on his shirt. "She's gone, Jae" Hyunjae let himself cry along with Younghoon, knowing he couldn't save her or even say goodbye for the last time.

"She wouldn't want you to waste your life away like this. She'd want us to get out of this. All of us, hoon! That's the least we can do for her. I know she's gone, I know she is, but we are still here, and I'll make sure you stay alive through this" Hyunjae wiped the boy's tears away only to hug him once again.

"You assholes are hugging without me?" An all too familiar voice said from the doorway. "Where were you, Lee Juyeon?" Hyunjae paused before smiling at him. "So, aren't you coming?" They both opened their arms for the boy, who gladly ran up to them before engulfing the two in a hug.

"I'm so happy that I have you two with me through all of this" Juyeon said, accompanied by soft sniffles. "Don't you dare die on us!" Younghoon had his eyes fixed on Hyunjae's leg, refusing to take his attention off it.

"I'm okay. I have that weird kid who just won't let me die. God! He's a handful, but I have to give it to him" Hyunjae stopped abruptly, not knowing why he was suddenly too shy to finish his sentence.

"He's got me pretty smitten" Juyeon and Younghoon exchanged looks of confusion as they stared Hyunjae down. "What?" Hyunjae mumbled, slightly embarrassed.

"Did he just say smitten?" Juyeon asked, getting an exaggerated nod in response from Younghoon. "Who's this he?" The two moved closer to Hyunjae so that he was squished between them.

"Aishhh, it's that kid! You know the one who's always with Haknyeon and Eric?" Juyeon blinked as he looked back at Younghoon. "Sunwoo? You mean Kim Sunwoo?" Younghoon burst out laughing at the thought of Sunwoo being the one who finally got Hyunjae's attention, forgetting that he was in tears moments ago.

"I always knew he had something for you! It makes so much sense now. I just thought he was a cute little stalker" Juyeon laughed along with the Younghoon hearing his description.

"You're the only one who'd use cute little stalker in a sentence" Juyeon pointed out, making even Hyunjae crack a small smile. Younghoon had just laughed for the first time in the last few days, and he didn't want this moment to end.

"Promise me that we'll get out of this together?" Younghoon lent his hand to the two boys, who without hesitation gave him theirs. "Promise" they said at the same time, not even waiting for a second to respond.

• ₊°✧︡˗ˏˋ🖤ˎˊ˗

"It's working! Everyone shut up" Kevin held the radio up to his ear, hoping to hear something. "Turn twice, right?" Kevin asked to make sure before turning the dial in the way he thought was right.

There was an eerie static before someone talked from the other line. "Thank you for sending us the signal. We will be there soon. We will be able to track you through the radio signals but are you safe right now?" The voice asked, bringing a glimmer of hope to the boys.

"Yes, yes we're safe, but there are kids back at our school" Kevin proceeded to tell the rescue team whatever they needed to know to find the kids back at their school from their location to possible dangers they could face from whatever they've experienced.

"Okay, we'll send someone there as soon as we can and a rescue team to you also. Stay safe until then and save your resources for the next few days. Someone will be there after taking all the precautionary measures" Sangyeon let out a sigh of relief as he sat down on the couch.

"Thank you! Thank you so much" Kevin quickly added before the line went dead. "Guys, we did it?" Haknyeon asked in doubt. "We did it!!" Jacob exclaimed as he pulled everyone into a group hug.

"I'm so proud of all of you" Hyunjae smiled from beside Sunwoo as he admired the smiles on everyone's face. "We'll all get out of here together" Sunwoo laced his fingers with Hyunjae's in an attempt to silently assure him that everything would be okay.

"Am I missing something?" Eric widened his eyes in confusion but was shut up by his boyfriend's hand on his mouth. "Don't ruin the moment, shush" Changmin said with an innocent smile on his face.

»»———— ★ ————««