A Bloody Mary is for Drinking, not Dying

1.5k READS omg. Love y'all. New chapter below!!! <- I started this chapter in December lol

Okay, so if y'all haven't realized this yet, I publish these chapters like the second after I finish them, so I kinda want to do the episodes where I have stuff planned out for and then go back and add the other chapters in, but it would be wacky. I'm really glad this book has so many reads, but it also makes me worried because I don't want to let any of you down. I'm gonna do the Bloody Mary episode here, but then I might add in a flashback episode of Percy's POV for scenes in Lightning Thief or Son of Neptune, we'll see. <- yet again, wrote this in december

I DON'T OWN ANYTHING 😊

Also I found the new cover image on TikTok and I was obsessed because I've needed a picture of an older Percy and what says 'I'm 20-something' like tattoos...everywhere.

~~time skips or line breaks are Beware the Dog by the Griswolds today~~

The entire scene is tinted blue, hazy, almost like a dream.

Sam lies on the bed, eyes closed. Jess is on the ceiling, frantically gasping for air. Blood drips on Sam's forehead. He opens his eyes and sees her terrified face and the slice in her abdomen.

"Why, Sam? Why, Sam?" she calls.

Sam jolts up, yelling, "No!" though his calls are useless as Jess bursts into flame.

"Why, Sam? Why?" she calls.

~~we used to go / where no one dared to go~~

Dean POV:

"Sam, wake up." I say, sharing a concerned glance with Percy as Sam yells for the umpteenth time. He's in the backseat with Percy driving us. Sam wakes, looking confused. He sits up and looks around right as Percy parks in front of a large building.

"I take it I was having a nightmare." He says, peering at our surroundings. Percy shakes his head slightly at me, a motion Sam would've caught if he wasn't asleep 20 seconds ago, but I ignore him and push, "Yeah, another one."

Percy buts in, "Hey, at least he got some sleep." I frown at Percy and say to Sam, "You know, sooner or later we're gonna have to talk about this." Sam deflects, saying, "Are we here?"

Percy shuts whatever protest I was going to make with a "Yup. Welcome to Toledo, Ohio." I just don't understand why he's allowing Sam to ignore his problems like this. Whenever I try to do that, he makes me fess up to him.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Sam pick up a newspaper with Steven Shoemaker's obituary circled. It reads, "Shoemaker, Steven
The Shoemaker family is sad to announce the sudden death of their beloved husband and father, Steven Shoemaker. Steven was 46. A short service will be held on Wednesday, the 31st at 2:00 p.m. at the" Blah blah blah.

"So what do you think really happened to this guy?" Sam asks. "That's what we're gonna find out," I say.

Percy says, "Let's go," and we get out of the car and head up to the building.

Oh, it's a hospital. That makes sense now.

~~and now you chase the dragon on your own~~

We head into room 144, marked Morgue. There are two desks, the empty one has a nameplate that says Dr. D. Feiklowicz and the other one is filled by the morgue technician.