Green Day Rules!

PART TWO

Quick recap: Bill Carlton said 'see ya' and drove into the lake, killing himself.

~~breakin' us down and wearin' us thin~~

3rd POV (I'm lazy, sue me)

Lucas is sitting in a chair, rocking back and forth. Andrea is sitting next to him, holding a paper bag and a plastic container. Andrea is asking Lucas, "Baby, what's wrong?" when Sam, Percy, and Jake the Sheriff (nickname, I think so) walk in the door. Andrea looks over to them, "Sam, Percy." She stands up, putting the bag and container on her chair. "I didn't expect to see you here."

Jake the Sheriff says, "So now you're on a first-name basis. What are you doing here?" Sam had to hide a smirk at how displeased the sheriff sounded. "I brought you dinner," Andrea said. "I'm sorry, sweetheart, I don't really have the time." "I heard about Bill Carlton. Is it true? Is something going on with the lake?" "Right now we don't know what the truth is. But I think it might be better if you and Lucas went on home."

Lucas looks up and whines, looking stricken; he jumps up and grabs Percy's arm. "Lucas, hey, what is it?" He continues to cry and old on to Percy. "Lucas." "Lucas," Andrea calls. Everyone in the room is concerned for the little boy, and Percy is frowning, knowing that something bad will happen at their house if Lucas is reacting that badly. Percy tells him, "Lucas, it's okay. It's okay. Hey, Lucas, it's okay. It'll be okay. Don't worry." Andrea pulls Lucas away from Percy and leads him outside. Lucas doesn't look away from Percy once. Jake throws down his jacket and goes into his office. Sam and Percy follow.

"Okay, just so I'm clear, you see...something attack Bill's boat, sending Bill—who is a very good swimmer, by the way—into the drink, and you never see him again?" Percy glances at Sam, "Yeah, that about sums it up." The sheriff continues, "And I'm supposed to believe this, even though I've already sonar-swept that entire lake? And what you're describing is impossible?" Percy looks him in the eye, "I know how impossible it is, I saw it with my own two eyes and I still don't believe it. The boat just vanished. It should have floated." The sheriff sighed, "You're lucky one of Bill's neighbors saw him steering out that boat just before you did, or else I might not have believed you. That's all I need for today, thanks."

~~but I love you still, I always will~~

Lucas is in his room with the toy soldiers, drawing another black spiral. Andrea walks by his door in a robe.

"Baby, what are you doing up? Come on. Let's go to bed."

Andrea picks Lucas up, then puts him to bed.

She walks to her bathroom and draws a bath, needing to relax from the long day.

~~ but you're the one in the wrong~~

Percy POV

Me and Sam are in the Impala, waiting at a traffic light. I'm driving, and I'm waiting to feel the water turn vicious. That's when I'll check on the Barrs.

"Green." Sam says. "What?" "Light's green." Oh. Then, I felt it. I U-turn without even thinking. "Uh, the motel's the other way." "I know."

~~I know your heart hurts the most at 3 a.m~~

I think this is bad timing, but whatever. sad shit, mentions of rape,

Percy was 12 now, bawling his eyes out as his 'favorite teacher' left his dorm. John had gotten sick of him and decided to sent Percy to a boarding school, away from his brothers and his weapons. John let him keep his pocketknife, but made him leave his other weapons with the boys for a semester. Percy protested furiously until John gave him one of the worst beatings he had received yet and told him it wasn't an option.