~6~ Sam Gets An Uninvited House Guest

can u tell I hate writing like this?  anyways this is the pilot, and Percy will have just come back from the 10 year anniversary of the Giant War, which my fucked up timeline is going to happen when he's 17. I guess he's just going to have a mental breakdown because I have no idea how to make this work. That makes Percy 27 Dean 26 and Sam 22.

I was dreaming peacefully, next to Jess, when I hear some sort of jingle, or crash. What the fuck? So I got up, and silently padded towards the front of the house. I look around and listen until I see the intruder's shadow. I wait until they're right next to me an- actually fuck that. I'm not describing the fighting. After like a few seconds of stumbling and fighting in the dark, my assailant manages to get me pinned on the floor. 

I look up and make out the features of my attacker when, "Whoa, easy there tiger." "DEAN?" I ask, slightly breathless. "You scared the crap out of me." I pant. "That's 'cause you're out of practice." Annoyed, I hit him in the back, causing him to fall, and pin him to the floor. "Or not," he admits, still laughing. "Get off me," he breathes. sitting up. I pull him up, asking, "Dean, what the hell are you doing here?" He responds, "Well I was looking for a beer." 

Suddenly the light flashes on, "Sam?" Jess asks. Shit. "Jess, hey," I say. "Dean, this is my girlfriend, Jessica." "Wait, your brother Dean?" Dean looks over at Jess, her Smurf crop top showing a bit too much for her comfort. If I know Dean, he's going to flirt for the next thirty seconds, and then tell me what he wants. "I love the Smurfs," he says walking towards her, "you know, I gotta tell you, you are way outta my brother's league." She responds uncomfortably, "Just let me put something on," "No, no, no, I wouldn't dream of it. Seriously." He turns towards me.

"Anyway, I gotta borrow your boyfriend here to talk about some private family business, but nice meeting you." I think about that. My supernatural hunter brother came all the way here for me, instead of just calling. "No." My mind spits out before I can think. And so now I'm holding on to Jess, like an idiot, saying, "No, whatever you want to say you can say it in front of her," knowing that obviously he can't say whatever he wants in front of her. "Okay," he says, "Um, Dad hasn't been home in a few days."

I thought of that, slightly suspicious, but ignored it. Dad's fine. "So he's working overtime on a 'Miller Time' shift. He'll stumble back in sooner or later." Dean pursed his lips, looked down, then responded "Dad's on a hunting trip, and he hasn't been home in a few days. Also Percy's back, and something is messing him up." Shit. Goddammit. "Jess excuse us," I said and then followed my brother outside. 

As we make our way down the stairs in front of my apartment, I say, "I mean, come on, you can't just break in in the middle of the night and expect me to hit the road with you." "You're not hearing me Sammy, Dad's missing and I need your help to find him. Percy's also different, like he's in the middle of some mental breakdown he's been stalling for years. He won't talk to me. I mean this is way bigger than when he got depressed as a sixteen-year-old from a really bad hunt. He was missing for 6 months when he was 17 and when he came back it was like he was ignoring everything. Now he's back to that state and I swear those few months at 17 was nothing compared to how bad it is. And you know how much I hate even admitting emotions exist," Dean ranted. 

"Remember the poltergeist in Amhurst? Or the devil's gates in Clifton? He was missing then too. Dad's always missing, and he's always fine. Just like Percy."

To be honest, I wouldn't even be listening if it weren't for the fact that Dean seemed so desperate. Dad and I always fought, and Percy and I weren't that close, so if Dean weren't begging me I would have kicked him out the second he started flirting with Jess. 

"Not for this long," Dean responded, "Now, are you going to come with me or not?" "I'm not," I said without hesitation. "Why not?" "I swore I was done hunting for good." "Come on, it wasn't wasn't, but it wasn't that bad."