the revenge of the not-so-gentle giant

Just a short thing to tide you over until I finish the lightning thief arc. Fuck consistency I guess.

Also I guess to celebrate almost 4.5k reads. Thanks so much guys. I never thought I would even hit 1k, much less within a year.

Also, I started watching 7 Deadly Sins. What's your favorite anime or for non-weebs, what's your favorite TV show?

Percy POV- immediately after leaving McDonalds

One second I was unlocking the door and stepping into our motel room, the next I was on the floor, my head still reverberating from the punch I had just received. Sitting up, I looked upwards, past the brown carpet, past the perfectly-tied Sperrys, past the seemingly never-ending blue jeans, past the navy polo shirt, to one enraged Sam.

"Not that I don't probably deserve it, but what exactly was that for?" I asked in a slightly cautious manner (though I couldn't prevent my eyebrow from quirking-godsdamed sass genes).

"Jess," is all the not-so-gentle giant said, and it was enough for me to understand. I'm surprised he lasted a week, to be honest.

"So we're having that conversation now?" I ask. I mean, could he have any worse timing? I just got back from sobbing my eyes out at McDonalds, and he chose now, of all times, to talk to me.

Glancing around the room, I notice that Dean is out. I wonder if that was intentional on Sam's part or just a cosmic joke by the fates. I'm not exactly in a good state of mind, and if Sam turns physical again in the motel room... that's some triggering shit. Returning my gaze to my brother's furious eyes, I slowly stand and sit on the motel bed on the opposite side of the room.

Thinking about my options, then deciding that I really don't care what happens, I spoke: "Okay, talk. Ask. Whatever you need. I'll answer."

He moves to face me, sitting on the opposite side of the bed.

"You knew Jess would die."

"Yes."

"You knew, and you never told me."

"Yes."

"You asked me about my engagement ring, and you didn't tell me?"

"Yes," I say, failing to hide my wince at both the memory and his mounting volume.

"How could you not tell me?"

"Because Sam, you are my priority. You and Dean have always been my priority. I told you earlier, about when I tried to save my friend. She died, even though I tried to save her, and fate took two of my closest friends with her because I interfered. If I had told you, had warned you that Jess would die, fate would kill at least 2 more people before it left me or you alone. Jess would die anyways and knowing fate, either Dean or you would be one of the casualties. I couldn't afford that."

"Then why did you save me?" I could hear the agony in his voice, the frustration. I know how that feels. To ask "why am I alive when she is not?" Well, I suppose in my case it's a bit different, but let's ignore that.

"I didn't see you die. I only saw you in the background. To be honest, I think fate threw me a bone here, but even if I did see you die I would have saved you. I will not let you or Dean die on my watch."

"Get out."

I looked up, alarmed at the venom in Sam's voice. "What?"

Rage, I could expect. Sorrow and pain, I could deal with, but this... this malice was new. And it truly was malice in Sam's eyes when he spat, "Get out of my sight, you bastard. I don't ever want to hear of you within 250 miles of me. Pack up your shit, steal a car, and don't stop driving until Christmas. I swear to God, if I see you again I will unload a full magazine into your skull before you can open your mouth."

Closing my mouth, I did as he said. I grabbed my backpack that still laid unpacked on my bed and left the motel room without a word. I stole a car, broke the LoJack and drove it 20 miles out of town, until I was sure Sam wasn't following me.

Of course, I wouldn't be Percy Winchester if I followed orders from anyone, so I drove the car into a ditch and began my long walk back to the motel. I'm not just going to leave Dean and Sam alone, not if they are going to be hunting. Especially if John won't be there to help them.

Operation Nanny Cam is a go.

825 Words.

A/N: Is this a way for me to breeze through episodes I don't care about? yes. Will Dean know Percy's there? yes, but I'm not sure if it's out of knowing Percy or if Percy will tip him off.