My Childhood was a Trainwreck pt 1- Percy

dark- mentions of poverty (starvation), rape, and abuse(barely) there is a bolded note to be prepared. This is my 2nd fanfic so I hope I do these categories justice. If it needs major help PLEASE CORRECT ME; if it needs minor help PLEASE CORRECT ME.

1 year later

Sam 1 Dean 5 Percy 6

~\~I thought because I was happy it would all be okay. It wasn't until today that I realized children's tales ignore reality sometimes.~/~

"Okay, Sammy are you ready for nap time?" I say while holding my giggling brother. I'm sitting by the bar of a cheap motel Dad rented, holding my baby brother while Dean is watching TV. As I'm getting the supplies to change Sam's diaper Dean calls, "Hey Percy, what's for lunch?" I wince as my stomach yells at me for not eating, but keep smiling at Sammy in case Dean is watching, and reply, "Let me check once I put Sammy down, and once I do that it's homework time so he can get a good nap in. If we finish homework before Sammy wakes up, then maybe we can head outside and pass the ball I got you for your birthday." I know by running a mental inventory of the food we have in the house that there is no way I'm getting lunch or dinner unless Dad comes home because we are almost out of money and I don't want to beg, but I might need to distract Dean long enough to only eat 2 meals today. If I can get him to wait until 3 or 4 it might work.

Dad has been gone for a week on his trip, and he won't tell me if he's caught a lead or not. He also hasn't been answering the phone, so I'm getting worried. Our deal was he can hunt and I'll watch the kids as long as he allows me to know everything and lets me help wherever I can. Dad and I have an awkward relationship. He's not my actual father, because my mom and he got married when I was still a toddler, but he is my brothers' dad so I just call him that. Also since I know the truth (about the supernatural and that he isn't my daddy) it makes him act more like a drill sergeant than a father, which hurts a bit but I accept it because I at least got six years with Mom.

After Sammy has a fresh diaper and is in his collapsible cradle that fits in our car, I close the bathroom door with the light off and then grab my textbooks. "Dean," I whisper, "Where is the homeschool guide?" "I think it's in my bag let me look," Dean replies. He shuffles over across the bed we share and opens his backpack-a busted-up blue bag that used to be mine back when I was in pre-K-and shuffles through it. "Got it!" he whispers.

For the next couple of hours I teach Dean math, science, history (social studies lol), and English, which was a bit rough because A) we had to whisper everything B) I am severely dyslexic, and therefore teaching him was mostly him reading it to me, me attempting to say it more simply, and him trying to understand what's going on C) I'm ADHD and my body couldn't decide whether to bounce my leg, tap my fingers, or just hand talk wildly enough to scratch that itch.

Side note: sleeping is awful when you feel like you have to move and your mind is launching from through train to thought train like Tarzan in a jungle. Where was I? Oh yeah, so after we get through his homework, I start working on mine while he does some reading for an assignment. One of the things Dean and I bond over is our mutual hatred for reading. Among other things like pie (blueberry), the Impala, and sass.

Once I have finished my work it's about 2 pm and Dean is bugging me about food. "Percy! I asked about lunch hours ago! I'm hungry!" Resolving myself for another hungry night I sigh and walk over to the kitchen area. I look through the remaining food and grab some canned baby food for Sammy because we don't have anything healthier. I'm pretty sure he should be eating by himself around now with like small bits of fruit but the food isn't exactly in surplus. Once I find what I'm looking for I pop the last freezer meal in the microwave. I'm going to have to serve macaroni tonight for dinner with the last 1/4 cup of milk and no butter, but I can make it work.