Why the Fates "Hate" Percy

Hey, y'all. I'm thinking of writing a story about Percy as an older brother to Dean and Sam since he's always younger in these stories, and I decided to put this little one-shot out. I might delete it later or put it in a different story, I'm just writing at 12 am for no reason. It doesn't even include Percy yet, but I'm almost failing my classes so I don't really have time to write a big chapter for no reason.

Somewhere in some random universe, three women were completing their duties. To some, they appeared as old women weaving yarn and cutting it at different lengths. Clotho, who spins the thread of human life, Lachesis who draws it out, and Atropos who cuts. Those who viewed them as such called them Moirae, Fates. To others, they appeared as beautiful young women spinning tapestries of Fate or tending to the roots of Yggdrasil. Urd does fate, Verdandi does present, and Skuld the future. They were called Nornir, the Norns. Many Pantheons had many names for such beings, powerful wielders of fate, goddesses of destiny. No matter which forms they were in, the three women were absolutely livid.

See, the problem was Urd, or Clotho, or whatever you call her may have made a slip-up and accidentally woven a string that was not supposed to exist, but Fate had demanded it, and so it was. This, however, had many ramifications. The strings that became tangled belonged to their soon-to-be favorite demigod Percy Jackson, and a miscarriage of Mary Winchester that was never supposed to be born. God, Chaos, Odin, whoever- you get the point- the Big Guy had big plans for the Winchesters, and there were only supposed to be 2 boys, and Perseus Jackson was supposed to be a son of Poseidon, not two mortals. Quickly, they started snipping strings to try to untangle the wreck that was their tapestry, mindlessly ruining several fates along the way, and almost shredding young Perseus' thread, corrupting it with trials and horrors. They replaced John Winchester with a summer fling of Poseidon, allowing for Perseus Winchester to be born. 

Once finished with their mad dash to correct fate, the sisters examined his thread and winced at the awful luck they found there. His rope had frayed and almost broken in several points indicating awful trials, however, the strings representing his sanity remained nearly untouched, something they were glad for. It would not do to have an insane hero. In gratitude for how awful the boy's life will become, they allowed his string freedom to grow and heal, not cutting it and sealing his fate. Perseus would become the master of his own destiny in time, but for now, they still had millennia until his birth, and infinite amounts of Fate to trim.

Thanks for reading :) 388 words

~ollie~