I Have to Physically Restrain Dumbasses, and Then Be Restrained.

I own nothing. Rick and the CW do probably.

~~randomsonglyric~~ are timeskips, no matter what the lyric is

this was the timeskip if I hadn't split up the chapters, so it's staying.

~~but it takes someone to come around to show you how~~

Sam's POV

Dean and I sit down in a random bar. I take a breath and explain what I know, "So, Blackwater Ridge doesn't get a lot of traffic. Local campers, mostly. But still, this past April, two hikers went missing out there. They were never found."

"Any before that?" Dean asks. I pull out Dad's journal and show some newspaper articles to Dean. I continue, "Yeah, in 1982, eight different people all vanished in the same year. Authorities said it was a grizzly attack. And again in 1959 and again before that in 1936."

I reach into my bag and pull out my laptop, continuing, "Every twenty-three years, just like clockwork. Okay. Watch this. Here's a clincher. I downloaded that guy Tommy's video to the laptop. Check this out." I pull up the video and go through three frames of the video one at a time. A shadow crosses the screen.

Dean perks up at that. "Do it again," I repeat the frames. I speak up, "That's three frames. That's a fraction of a second. Whatever that thing is, it can move."

Dean hits me. What? "Told you something weird was going on." He says, grinning cheekily. "Yeah," I reply tonelessly. I close the laptop. "I got one more thing," I hand him the article I had in my other hand, "In 'fifty-nine one camper survived this supposed grizzly attack. Just a kid. Barely crawled out of the woods alive." Dean replies, "Is there a name?"

~~she's the tear in my heart, i'm alive~~

"Look, ranger," Mr. Shaw said, leading us through his house, "I don't know why you're asking me about this. It's public record. I was a kid. My parents got mauled by a—"

"Grizzly?" I interrupted. "That's what attacked them?" Shaw took a puff of his cigarette and nodded. "The other people that went missing that year, those bear attacks too?" Dean asked, looking at Mr. Shaw. After a pause, he said, "What about all the people that went missing this year? Same thing?"

After a moment, I said, "If we knew what we were dealing with, we might be able to stop it."

"I seriously doubt that," Shaw scoffed. "Anyways, I don't see what difference it would make." He sat at his table. "You wouldn't believe me. Nobody ever did."

I sat across from Shaw, "Mr. Shaw, what did you see?" Shaw hesitated, "Nothing. It moved too fast to see. It hid too well. I heard it, though. A roar. Like... no man or animal I ever heard."

"It came at night?" I asked, watching Shaw nod. "Got inside your tent?" "It got inside our cabin," Shaw corrected darkly. "I was sleeping in front of the fireplace when it came in. It didn't smash a window or break the of the fireplace when it came in. It didn't smash a window or break the door. It unlocked it. Do you know of a bear that could do something like that? I didn't even wake up till I heard my parents screaming."

"It killed them?" Dean tilted his head, frowning. "Dragged them off into the night," Shaw shook his head. "Why it left me alive... been asking myself that ever since." After a pause, Shaw moved a hand to his collar, "Did leave me this, though." He opened his collar, revealing three long scars. They were from claw

marks. "There's something evil in those woods," Dean stared at the scars. "It was some sort of demon."

~~she's the tear in my heart, i'm on fire~~