24. Childhood Friends

A/N: Happy New Year everyone. Wish you all the best in 2021, take care <3

Reader P. O. V

The fog was melting off my eyes as I washed away the drows of sleep.

I my muscles felt metalic, aching like hell as I shifted around the bed.

As I did I felt Chuuya's hand protectivly laid on my tummy.

He held me close yesterday as I sobbed away in the middle of the night.

And from all that crying I was know paying a harsh price in form of a headache.

The only thing I could fell was the pulsing in my head the rest of me felt dull. Shallow maybe, I'm too tired to decide.

Chuuya's little snores timbered behind me. Couldn't help feeling guilty making him hussle with me when I knew how tired he was.

Slowly not to wake him up, I dragged my body to the bathroom.

Flashy pain sprinted in my sight as white light shone on the mostly white tiles.

"Ahh, fuck... "

I rubbed the skin on my puffy cheeks.

Holly shit I'm ugly!

The tears glossed over my eyes made them glass like. Sickeningly clean glass.

Tripping over the cold faucet on my hot fingers I turned on the water and began splashing dropplest of it on my face.

As icy wave number three hit me I realized: I had to tell Gramps about Nana.

I rubbed my skin harshly with a towel, worry spreading thorns in my gut.

I hope he already knew... How am I to tell him that the women he loved died?

How am I to stay strong then?

The towel hit the top of the washing machine as I yanked it away.

I'll face Gramps soon, first I have to untie another knot from my broken chest.

My feet felt the change from the glacier tiles to the carpeted floor as I stepped back to the bedroom.

I saw Chuuya mumring as he stretched.

"Mornin babeee... "

I walk over to peck his cheek "Good morning Chuu"

"How are you? Did you sleep ok?"

His thumb caressed my cheek as he spoke.

"I'm ok, how are you?"

He smiled "I'm fine, thank you for asking me"

My mouth also tugged into a smile at the sight of his "Good to hear. I'm gonna make some coffee, want some?"

Chuuya nodded and I went to the kitchen.

Distracting myself from the charcoal buzz in my head with the clik and clanck of the unteciles and the image of Chuu's smile.

Soon I grabbed the two ready coffee cups swinging the door open with my foot.

I nestled next to him on the bed as I handed Chuuya his mug.

"Thank you, my love~"

"Stop it with the pet names"

He sipped on his coffee "I will when you stop blushing to them~"

I try to hide my cheeks with a pretend-angry chug.

We didn't say a thing. Snuggled itno the comfort of the silence and the breeze of wind on the windows.

My need to tell him my desicion broke it.