25. The Nervous System

Reader P. O. V

"Yeah... I got like 5 more stops and I'll be there... OK... See you"

I hang up my phone, watching Gramps' name tag dissappear off the screen.

Let's face the music!

The cold drizzling down the train window greeted my forehead. Cooling it down.

My stomach was churning in acid spikes, followed by my knee shaking.

Even if he did know, I'll be seeing that house without Nana in it for the first time... I don't want to do that.

I don't want to do it! I don't want to do it! I don't want to do it!

"Miss?"

"Y- yeah?! "

I quickly open my eyes to see an old lady in front of me.

"Is everything ok Miss? Are you sick?"

"I'm fine, I am. Thank you for asking, Ma'am" my hands fly to my cheeks checking for tears.

I shift over a little bit and the old lady takes her seat next to me.

My eyes dense like plastic bags of water, about to explode.

-|| -

The dying sun melted over the sky like sugar. Watering down in a crimson and yellow burn.

I climbed the path, crunching with stones under my feet, to a small wooden cabin buried around tall trees.

My soft place to rest my wings... Was dying in front of me.

When I reached the door I open it softly.

"Gramps?"

"I'm here!"

His voice came out of the garden in the back.

I knew where to go.

Walking across the kitchen I reached the back doors wich opened to a little garden.

The garden looked like Nana was preparing it to plant something.

I saw a bag of cabbage and tomato seeds on a table.

She was planing to make a new soup recepie with the veggies she grew... She mentioned a family lunch.

Next to the table was a wooden bench on wich Gramps was sitting.

"Scoot over a little bit?"

He nods and shifts around to make room for me.

I join him on the bench.

On the hardened skin over his fingers he softly held his phone.

"They called..." he began.

I clung to his words. They were heavy to the crisp cold air around us.

"She died... Bianca is dead"

My arms waste no time.

I throw myself into a hug, feeling the pent up tears rip across my eyes.

It hurt.

Gramps big arms caressed my back as I sobbed away on his shoulder. In the breaths he took I could hear tears spark against each other.

"I'm soo sorry for crying like this... I wish I didn't have to!"

Balling up my coat sleeves I wipe my cheeks as I pull back.

"Tears show you have heart, never apologize for that" he kept his hand on my shoulder "That heart is the only place left where Bianca is still alive, you definitely don't want to apologize for that, now do you?"

My head rests on his shoulder as we sit in silence watching the lifeless garden in front of us.

"I'm going to miss her terribly..." my voice croacks.

"I will too Little One... It makes me glad she was soo always loud tho... Makes it impossible for this old mind to forget her now!"

Our chuckles twine together.

Before silence can overtake again I speak up to run away from it.

"Gramps?"

"Hm?"

"How do you feel about working on this garden... Together. In Nana's memory and... The last thing Nana would want is for her family to go hungry again"

Gramps heartly laughs "That is true! I'm only skin and bone, you know!" he taps his belly.

As he got up the dying sun sparkled in his metallic eyes... Still tear filled.

"I would love to, Little One"

Chuuya P. O. V

"Soo how's it lookin' doc?" I ask as my doctor comes back in the room.

"Unfortunetly... I have bad news Mister Nakahara..."

Before I get a chance to speak she takes a seat across me and takes off her glasses.

"With the enourms amount of power your body barely handled when you used your ability your nervous sistem got badly damaged... It is lucky you didn't end up paralized"

My stomach violently clenches.

"And that means?!"

She looks me dead in the eye.

"That means that putting anymore strain on your nerves and muscles will end you up in a wheel chair..."

Cold sweat glides down my back.

"To avoid that. You must retire from skating"