44. tulip

"From who?" Levi glanced up at me, his eyes wide with shock.

I KNOW IM JUST AS SHOCKED AS YOU BUDDY

"Who do you think," I grumbled, scanning over the contents of the letter again.

WHY IS HER SEAL SO PRETTY THOUGH

"Good luck," he shot me a sympathetic gaze waiting for me to finish reading it over.

HHHHHHHHH

"Duchess Y/N,

It's comforting to know that you've settled in well. I heard from a friend up North that you were struggling but that's obviously not the case. I hear that Levi has been quite busy lately, I do hope that you're not getting bored up North, I understand that there isn't a lot to do if you don't know your way. All that aside, I'm writing you to personally invite you to a gathering I will be holding with some of the more prominent ladies in the kingdom, of which you now apply. I plan to hold it on the second day of the winter festival, the directions to the palace it will be held in are attached within as I understand that you haven't been here before. I hope you'll be able to attend! Send Levi my regards.

Yours Truly,

First Princess Hitch Smith" I finished reading letting out a long sigh.

SHES BRUTAL

"The letter we wrote together must've gotten under her skin more than I thought it would," Levi smirked.

PLEASE DO NOT REMIND ME OF THAT DAY :/

YOU PLAYED WITH MY FEELINGS

YET ANOTHER REASON WHY I DISLIKE MY HUSBAND

"She really leaves me with no option but to accept-" I frowned, "she's not even trying to hide the fact that she's watching anymore."

SHE LITERALLY SAID 'I HAVE A FRIEND'

YOU AREN'T THAT STEALTHY HITCH <333

I SEE YOU <3

"You don't have to accept if you don't want to," a look of sympathy flashed over Levi's features.

What are you talking about- you're the one who told me to do this.

"Levi I'm going to accept- that's what we agreed to right?"

"You never signed anything so no- you can opt-out of it at any time if you want. It's a shitty job to have to do."

WHOA WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU

"You're different :/"

"What about it :/"

"Nothing just- you seemed awfully adamant before about me 'infiltrating' her social circle and now you're going back on it? It's weird."

But I appreciate the concern.

"She's more irritating than I expected- seriously it's a shit job don't do it if you don't want to," Levi looked genuinely regretful.

WOW UR CONCERNED.

"What are you going to do if I don't?"

"I'd figure it out."

"ARE YOU GOING TO DIVORCE ME?"

"Don't you want to?"

............

"It feels good being useful," I hummed trailing off.

I think we both understand why I wouldn't want to do that-

"You are useful," A thick silence fell in between us.

"Besides what would they say about a woman who divorces her husband a month into the marriage? What would they say about you????? I'm attractive and incredibly endearing so I think I could get by but-"

"Shut the fuck up."

"OKOK!"

"Are you going to go?"

"Didn't you hear what she said about me? Of course I'm going- I can't let her continue to believe that I'm a bored, struggling, total nobody who doesn't even know how to get around the place she grew up." I paused, "besides she's not going to stop being my number one hater even if I refuse to show up- that would just give her more ammunition. Can you imagine the disgrace I would bring to my poor husband ???? )::::::"

ABSOLUTELY NOT !

"I guess you have an actual excuse to go to the festival now."

"I had one before <3"

"You don't need to help me anymore- I won't be able to come," Levi walked over to my desk moving the paperwork back onto his.

WHAT

I WAS KINDA HAVING FUN-

WE WERE BONDING THROUGH THE SUFFERING THAT IS ADULT LIFE

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO COME'????"

AFTER ALL IVE DONE FOR YOU-

I THOUGHT WE WERE BOTH LOOKING FORWARD TO IT

I KNOW I WAS

"I'll have to come down with you to save face but I'll probably end up getting stuck babysitting the crown prince," Levi groaned, already dreading the prospect of it.

BORING

":/"

"Don't look at me like that."

"You weren't even a little excited for it?"

"It's not that I wasn't looking forward to it- just that it's not going to be possible anymore because of the shitty brats in the capital."

GOD YOU LACK IMAGINATION

"SO ??? WE CAN JUST RUN AWAY <3"

"And then what, get accused of conspiring against the crown?"

WHY IS EVERYONE SO UPTIGHT-

"That wouldn't happen."

"It could."

"Ok fine, I'll just pretend to be ill and we can sneak out of the castle through a window."

NOT THAT HARD

"That's a shit plan."

"Do you have any better ideas ?????"

"No," he muttered reluctantly.

SEE ???

"Then let's do it <3"

"Fine, let's do it."

________________________________

break is ending on monday HHHH ://///////

- i (ami) ilu u