Thirty-Fifth

Thirty-Fifth

The next morning, I woke up feeling slight taps in my arms. I immediately opened my eyes and got welcomed by a freshly-bathed Joong.

"Nine, are sure you want to attend work with me? You can just stay here and sleep more. I'll be home early again" he asked in a whisper and I immediately shake my head, disagreeing to his suggestion.

If I stayed here and he'll be home early because of that, then I should really attend work today. A day wasted is a big deal, another one shouldn't be wasted again.

A small longsleeve polo, black necktie and black slacks are the first few things to caught my eyes. Is that my uniform? That's impossible to fit on Joong. You're crazy if you still thinks that it's for him!!

"I just bought a new set earlier so we won't have to go back to your unit. It's hassle, the traffic might be heavy" he answered as he started to brush his hair.

I just nodded as I grab those clothes to quickly take a bath and fix myself too. I thinks it's a bit late now. I can already see the sunrays in his curtains and it's a bit brighter now. I think I only lasted about 15 minutes to bathe and dress myself inside his bathroom.

When I finally walk out, Joong is now all ready that made me panic a bit. He's just sitting on his couch while tapping his fingers on his lap.

"Feel free to use my things there" he pointed at the mirror and I just nodded at him. I didn't occupy a lot of time. I quickly did all of my morning and getting ready routines as I don't want him to wait that long. Just a few fixings of hair and now, I found myself wearing my shoes.

"I think I am all done now" I stated facing him. His eyes scannedd my whole appearance once before we marched downstairs for a quick breakfast.

"Nine, are you sure you're going to work? You can just stay here with me. I don't think you should be exposed in work that fast, just stay here son.." his Mom softly convinced that made me smiled at her. Every minute is passing rapidly that now, it's time to really go to work.

"Uhmm.. I think I can work now. It's bad to keep myself locked inside for a long time, so maybe I should go back to what I'm used to doing so I can completely get over. Thank you, Mom for your concern. " I answered sweetly at her.

"Where will you stay tonight? Son, you can stay here with us, or stay in Joong's house so you won't feel anxious alone. Joong can also stay in your unit if you don't want to leave there. It's reasonable, you two are attending work together" she asked worriedly again, suggesting and my heart is warming because of how she cares for me.

"I'm fine Mom, I think I can now handle myself. Thank you for taking care of me, it really helps a lot" I bowed at her and she just nodded while softly brushing my cheeks. That's when she diverted her eyes on his real son.

"Joong, take care of Nine, son" she reminded and Joong just smiled at her.

"I thought you already forgot about your real son. Yes Mom, I will take care of him" he laughed a bit with that ".. we will be going now Mom, huh? Tell Asya we'll just visit here if we find time" before he completely bid our goodbyes.

As he is driving, my eyes caught the backseat from the small mirror above us. It only flashes what happened that night inside his car.

Just now, I get a little embarassed realizing I clung into him that tight and I didn't even think twice in doing that for a very very long time. I almost caress my forehead in embarassment because of that realization