Thirty-Eighth

Thirty-Eighth

I woke up the next day when I feel someone moving beside me. When I opened my eyes, I firstly saw Joong who is sitting on the bed, reading a book while leaning his back on the backrest.

I immediately get up the moment I noticed that I'm hugging tight on his waist, the reason why I can feel his every moves. He then glanced at me, noticing that I'm finally awake.

"Why are you here?" I asked him, confused on why is he sitting casually beside me, reading a book like..

You know..

It quickly flashed things on my mind.

He tiredly closed the book and place it at the side table, that's when I noticed that there's a glass of milk there.

Milk..

Shia?! That door!! I know I'm not dreaming. What I saw earlier this dawn is real. It's impossible to dream a very realistic yet unbelievable thing like that!!

Right after I saw that door, I immediately went back inside this room, forgetting about the milk I'm craving for. I went straight to my bed, covering myself with the blanket as if I saw a ghost. Yes, it is indeed a ghost.

A ghost of the past.

I don't want to stress on it that I just convinced myself to sleep and forget it instead of staying up until sunrise.

"I accidentally slept and read your messages at 4 am but when I get here, you're sleeping peacefully" he explained as he point at the milk I'm eyeing.

Okay but why is he sitting beside me? And why am I hugging him?! Oi Nine!! You also have some explaining to do!! Moving forward huh? You seem to always forget that everytime you're with him.

"I can't relax in other rooms.. so I'm here" he added as he stare at my still confused face. I just nodded as I get up to go straight to his bathroom. I cleaned my teeth and my face before completely going out.

"Have you finish your works?" I asked, talking about the blueprint. He nodded as he yawn, dropping his body in the bed while still staring at me. Here I am standing in front of him with hands on my waist. He looks so sleepy, his eyes looks so tired and watery.

"You only have a week left in your internship right?" He asked, shifting the topic.

"Yup. Then, I'll just have to fix things in my university for my nearing graduation" I answered as I walk near the window to peek outside. It's still raining but not as hard as how it is yesterday.

Hmmm.. can I go home now? Is the road still closed? The rain is not that strong, I assume things are fine now.

"Then.. I won't see you again?" I heard him ask. My heart feels a bit weird hearing him ask things like that. Is he happy for that? I can't recognize any kind of emotions in his voice. It's just normal. No hint of happiness, yet no hint of sadness.

I didn't answer to that.

Yes Joong, we won't see each other again. I will try my best to do that. I'll apply for a job in Krist work, maybe that will also help to divert my attention. That's my clear plans.

I shouldn't forget my decisions. Krist is a nice friend. Krist is a nice guy. Krist is not that far from Joong, why did I only notice about that?