Chapter Twenty-Seven

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN: CRIME

There are few things we should keenly desire if we really knew what we wanted.
-François de La Rochefoucauld

When Jasper said his family might be late to the airport but to come on time just in case he does make it there, I really did expect the rich people who own jets and private islands to know how to manage time better than be two hours late.

However, I was wrong.

But since I'm all too used to being alone, this didn't bother me.

So I pulled out a pen out of my backpack- -which just has my laptop and chargers in it but I didn't take out some of my school stuff- -and started to doddle all over a sketchbook about different cakes, which for some reason, turned into a full page sketch of a dragon?

I'm not sure why that's what my subconscious made.

Whatever.

All I'm concerned about is my music, which is coming out of my earbuds.

I've been alone for two hours, so eventually I felt alone enough to even start singing, and since I'm listening to 'Sofia' and to me, it's a bop.

"Know that you and I, shouldn't feel like a crime." Smudging the scales a bit, I hum for a small moment. "You know I'll do anything you ask me to but oh my god, I think I'm in love with you."

Raising my knee to get a more stable spot, I'm only half aware of my head bobbing along with my words.

"Standing here alone, think that we can drive around. I just wanna say how I love you..." I hum more, frustrating myself as I realize how out of practice I am. "I think we could do it if we tried, if only to say mine. S-"

I'm actually startled as I notice the giant figure in front of me, making me jump and drop the notebook and my pen right at his feet.

Fuck me, did he hear that?

"Um, I was just..." Jasper sheepishly smiles. "Hi?"

"Hey," I mumble in reply, eyes dropping. "Did you...hear all that?"

Jasper hesitates, eyes widening and I know instantly he feels pressured.

"Jasper, never mind the singing." So I just stand, giving him a hug before raising on my toes for a small kiss. Glancing back at the massive group of people, I raise an eyebrow. "Are you going to introduce me to everyone?"

"Uh..." He follows my line of sight. "I don't know, that's a lot of people."

His mom scolds him as I shove his shoulder, laughing at the dork who flushes cutely under my gaze.

"Okay, okay." My boyfriend wraps his arms around me, hands running over my arms before lightly holding my elbows, facing me towards his family.

"Everyone, this is my boyfriend, Cas Rex." I nod in greeting, holding my arms tighter to myself. "Get into family groups please -Axel you are not a Coppe, get outta there!"

Holy shit.

How many people is he related to?

There's about thirty five- -I counted- -people here.

What the fuck.

I know I'm one to talk, since I have seven siblings myself, but my family's not this big.

"Alright, so we have my family, the Reds, who you all met," The musician explains, stepping away from me to grab my backpack, hands coming back to my sides a moment later. "These are the Riddles-"