Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN: CRUEL

The entrepreneur sells anything needed by both to win their desires. 
-Toba Beta

Atlas stole my bed and Jasper's family took over the living room, which gave me the perfect opportunity to suggest to Jasper himself that we share a bed.

There's never a wrong time for cuddling.

Usually the only time I can sleep this soundly is when I'm utterly exhausted because I move a lot in my sleep- -that part isn't because of the tics- -and when I'm trying to get to sleep, my head movement always snaps me awake just as I'm falling asleep -that part is.

Most days, I give up on sleep.

But Jasper didn't mind at all, in fact he held me to him and didn't say anything even though I know my ticing must have kept him awake and I probably kicked him at least once.

This was...it was really nice.

And very slowly, I woke up to find that I was basically curled on top of Jasper's chest. My head is pressed into his neck, hands clutching my- -his- -sweatshirt. One of his legs is propped up against the wall and both of mine are tangled with his other one.

One of his large arms is wrapped around my shoulders, pressing me closer to him and his other arm crosses over my middle but his hand is holding onto my hip.

The room was cold but we're warm.

I don't know how long Jasper has been awake for- -it's admittedly weird that he's awake before me even if neither of us are out of bed yet- -but he moves one hand off my hip, making that side of my body feel cold, to raise himself up just enough to press a kiss against my forehead.

I grumble at him, about to scold him for making me cold due to the way I slid down his chest instead of staying where I was when he hums softly.

"You're a good thing to wake up to, Cas."

Fuck this guy for being so cute.

No, correction, fuck me.

Next thing I know he's kissing both my cheeks, then my nose and finally, my lips.

Groaning, I finally blink my eyes open to peak up at him, noticing the flush of his cheeks before anything else.

"Mornin' Jitterbug." I yawn before chuckling as he very clearly blushes more. ""Why are you already blushing? I didn't even do anything."

Jasper pouts as I call him out, "Yeah but you're really cute, it's too much for my brain to handle in the morning."

Moving my arms up to brace myself on his chest, I point to the door with my chin to tease him. "I can always go."

"No!" His arms snap out and wrap around me, tugging me straight down to his chest. "I'm yours and it's too early, so more cuddles."

"Sure," I chuckle, noticing the slight accent he has is all the more prominent in his tired voice. "More cuddles."

Then a noise that I'm pretty sure is either Vivianna or Axel- -one of the D'Silvettas at the very least- -trying and failing to play the guitar echoes through the room -making Jasper groan.

Sitting up more, Jasper buries his face against my neck, the slight scruff of his unshaved cheeks making my face burn.

He's so attractive.

It's annoying.

Without warning, the musician pulls away from me to meet my eye but only ends up blankly staring with a cute little frown.