Chapter Thirty-Six

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX: RESPECT

Because I know it in my bones. You are the only one I desire, the only water that will quench my thirst, the only sun that will warm my skin, the only lips that were made for mine. 
-Dannika Dark

It's one of the last days on the island we have, but we treated it like normal.

We got up- -a bit later than normal- -and went on a run, got coffee with Vivianna and Ahmik, which just led to the other D'Silvetta's flocking to us with their partners then played a few games with Fly and Scar, relaxed in the water and Jasper made dinner.

And, like at the dorm, we decided to cuddle and watch a shitty zombie comedy movie.

So it felt...normal.

Despite where we are, and being in a cabin, it felt overwhelmingly normal.

I liked that.

And honestly, I thought it was going to stay a normal night.

But then Jasper blurts "I want to have sex with you." and sits up straight, causing me to do the same, to face me.

Straightening up, lost on what to say other than 'same' because I know this is a sensitive subject to him but also, the musician is the sexiest guy I know.

Jasper only continues, now rambling through his nerves.

"I want to have sex, with you, and I mean, I don't -I haven't wanted to have sex with someone before. You're just, you're just you? And I don't, I can't explain why -you know why. I just thought I should let you know and um... uh... say something?"

"There's not- -bit hot innit!- -pressure, I guess? Fuck, I, I do too but there's-" I growl. "-nothing wrong with wanting that but not having it." Fuck, is this the right answer? Second guessing myself, I add, "It's... normal? But I'll still respect your boundaries."

There's been moments before when we've kissed, where it's gotten too overwhelming for him.

But this is natural.

He's my boyfriend, for fuck's sake.

It's not like I haven't thought about it, of course I have, my thoughts always tend to go dirty and I'm no virgin, not to mention he's simply irresistible.

Still, there's no rush.

"Hey, I told you before," I say gently, lighting cupping his jaw. "I'm okay waiting. If this is just because you think I want it, I mean- -bit hot innit- -of course I do, don't think about that. You have to be ready. And comfortable."

The musician flushes under my palm.

"I-I know that, Star." He says, leaning in to give me a small kiss. "What I'm saying is I want to have sex with you. Um...tonight."

Holy fuck, this would be a lot easier if he didn't sound so innocent saying that.

I find myself flushing, kind of surprised, kind of confused and feeling warm just thinking about it.

"Tonight?" As in now? "What- -mother ducklings- -changed? You're sure? I don't want to be the reason you do something you'll regret."

Jasper has never gotten mad when we've been intimate before and I've ticed.

Even when I headbutted or bit him.

Hell, even our first kiss was interrupted by a tic.

"I won't regret it," Jasper says confidently, hand coming up to the back of my neck as he kisses me again. "Why are you olive?"